Looking for a boat to rent on the Kennet and Avon

vintagescubaman

Featured Posts

And how often do you surface into semi-consciousness believing you are on the boat then discovering you are in your lodgings? And vice versa?

I do this constantly. Reach out to turn the radio on and there is nothing there!

Regularly switching between home and boat, I do find I get confused if I'm only half awake in the middle of the night and need the loo.

As the bed on the main boat is raised maybe nearly 4 feet above the floor, it's not good news to just try getting up without knowing which bed I'm in before I start.

Never failed to find correct location of loo yet though, fortunately!

unlike an acquaintance who admitted to getting up in the middle of the night in a strange house where he was attending a weekend house party with his wife and peeing on the dressing table, believing it to be the washbasin (harking back to the old days when hotels commonly had a washbasin in each room but no en-suite).

And how often do you surface into semi-consciousness believing you are on the boat then discovering you are in your lodgings? And vice versa?

I do this constantly. Reach out to turn the radio on and there is nothing there!

It happens however the most confusing can be when I go to bed in neither place

Last week, the Songbird was away so i stayed in her flat and looked after the cat (as well as having a "staycation" few days off), waking at about 5am with a cat meowing to go out was very, very confusing!

Edited by magpie patrick

Regularly switching between home and boat, I do find I get confused if I'm only half awake in the middle of the night and need the loo.

As the bed on the main boat is raised maybe nearly 4 feet above the floor, it's not good news to just try getting up without knowing which bed I'm in before I start.

I use to sleep in a top bunk when I worked Offshore