Tug Ezra For Sale

David Mack

Featured Posts

I've always rather liked the Tyler Wilson tug Ezra and I see it is now up for sale. But I am rather surprised to see it has no shower or toilet. Even in 37ft I would have expected that.

504568_1.jpg?1486289055

504568_4.jpg?1486289055

http://www.apolloduck.com/feature.phtml?id=504568

And some build pictures at http://www.tylerwilsonboats.com/index/#/tug-1/

Certainly a pretty boat with a suitable engine.

However I'm not surprised at that length it only has a Thunderbox in the engine 'ole and no shower.

By the time you allow for the cabin, engine 'ole and galley the balance would be awry if you then stole some of the working deck to cabin a shower.

Certainly a pretty boat with a suitable engine.

However I'm not surprised at that length it only has a Thunderbox in the engine 'ole and no shower.

By the time you allow for the cabin, engine 'ole and galley the balance would be awry if you then stole some of the working deck to cabin a shower.

Its a fine candidate for lengthening 3ft to fit in a shower.

It spent pretty much all of 2015 up for sale for 10% more than it is now. It may be overengined as a boat in its own right but it is a proper tug. It seems you only need a standard narrowboat with a shallow well deck to qualify for the tug category on Apollo Duck.

I didn't bother even viewing it when I was looking. That was a combination of the price and the lack of any form of bathroom. I could have understood the latter more if it had been built with just the back cabin and the engine room like a genuine working boat but it didn't make much sense to extend the cabin and not include that additional 3' for a bathroom as well.

JP

Looks positive ly spacious compared to the accommodation on the 40 foot tug I have been boating in for the last few days.

Seriously though, very big engine in oversized engine room eats up a lot of the available length in boats like these.

Its a fine candidate for lengthening 3ft to fit in a shower.

Compare and contrast their tug 'Thelma' which, tellingly, was built for a lady customer - its cabin is a little longer, and I assume that this extra length (the web site doesn't show fitted-out views) includes some form of ablutions: some chaps are happy with a lick-and-a-promise and a bucket-and-chuckit, but few females would be as they're more fastidious.

This is of course a generalisation, but on viewing the above link to 'Ezra', my first thought was "That's very attractive", closely followed by "but Mrs. Athy would never countenance our buying a boat with no bathroom".

Edited by Athy

Same thoughts here. The accent is all on pretty rather than practical.

Even so externally it really only says "fairly short Tyler/Wilson boat" to me - it somehow lacks the feel of a real tug.

(was it Tyler/Wilson in 1998? I thought the marketing under one name was a more recent thing).

This boat is also nearly 20 years old, so will soon start to fall into the category where some insurers insist on regular surveys.

But you could use a Mark I composting toilet. Shit in a bag and hang it on the nearest tree like 50% of dog owners.

I know you are trying to be amusing, but believe me, if it were 50%, (or even 5%) there would be far more festooned trees than there are.

I have no idea why people do that either, but please don't tar 50% of us dog owners with being that irresponsible.

I know you are trying to be amusing, but believe me, if it were 50%, (or even 5%) there would be far more festooned trees than there are.

I have no idea why people do that either, but please don't tar 50% of us dog owners with being that irresponsible.

Fair comment; perhaps it's only 5% but I like to exaggerate.

Fair comment; perhaps it's only 5% but I like to exaggerate.

But we have told you MILLIONS of times not to!

Back nearer topic.

This one will cost more, is a lot older, but has a smal loo / showerroom, a sitting area, and can even be 4 berth.

It is also a bit of real history

Tug No 2

Just as well my wife is one of the rare few then!

How fortunate that I added that my comment was a generalisation. I just KNEW that someone would hold a different view! Of course it's possible to keep nice and clean using basic facilities, but I do think that more females than males appreciate having something which exceeds the basic.

But we have told you MILLIONS of times not to!

Back nearer topic.

This one will cost more, is a lot older, but has a smal loo / showerroom, a sitting area, and can even be 4 berth.

It is also a bit of real history

Tug No 2

The only thing wrong with this boate is the disappointingly sensible engine.

Tug No 2. As you confirm, the engine is just plain sensible, rather than interesting and discussionworthy.

The person who has waited over 2 years for a fix for a broken crankshaft on a similar engine in a sister boat might just disagree with that!