Coke a Cola narrowboat advert?

Featured Posts

Anyone remember an obscure 'low key' television advert for 'Coke a Cola' from 1970 that featured a single ex working motor narrowboat that had a crate of Coke a Cola in the boats hold seen heading along the canal through a built up area possibly filmed either in Birmingham or in the London area on Grand Union or Regents canal?.

Television adverts only use to last for about 45-50 seconds and the only thing I can remember about this advert was the single ex working motor narrowboat with the empty hold except for a crate of Coke a Cola in it travelling along the canal in a built up area?. I am certain this obscure advert pre-dated the massive worldwide New Seekers "I'd like to teach the world to sing" advert in 1971.

Edited by Flower of Gloster

I dont remember this advert & would be interested to see it if anyone else has an luck

in finding it .

How about you Ray T you are good at sourcing good clips from you tube you might find what I cant

Hello, will have a look later today.

ETA Found this:

Should it be in the vintage engine section though?

Edited by Ray T

Son Jason (in the woolly hat) did this for Trueman with Stamford https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bnkN_KPHi8A . Towcester and Bingley were used repainted as Venus and Ariadne for the TV programme Hold on a Minute - BFI apparently have a copy of but refuse to make it available. We were also filmed for the title sequence of a Steptoe movie but never got to see it (had no telly back when we were working the boats).

We also had quite a lot of stills taken of Towcester when we were moored on the old Cowley tip for a magazine (Di thinks Bride, possibly). It was an article on crochet lace making and included a pattern for a porthole doily Di made. There were quite a few more but I've rather lost track.

Tam

(Stamford somehow transmorgified into having a cruiser fore-end part-way through)

I only remember the advert because of the narrowboat appearing in most of the scenes 'chugging along the canal' with a crate of Coke a Cola in the hold anyway I hope someone does find it because it's a very obscure advert compared to the Coke a Cola New Seeker's 'I'd like to teach the world to sing' advert a year or so later in 1971/72.

Edited by Flower of Gloster