Tackiest boat ever?

Giant

Featured Posts

The Yellow Submarine looks quite good, but the Titanic floating hotel! Whatever next? Perhaps the Twin Towers Resort Hotel complex or the Boxing Day Tsunami Water Park.

I'm having real trouble getting bookings for the Bates Hotel

Richard

The thing is that tacky and bad taste are only so if the people responsible can't carry it off. Some of the greatest style is tacky. Salvador Dali's surrealism is tacky if you think about it. I have a friend on a boat in France who's an eccentric madman - he would love that boat and once he added his touch it would look amazing.

Edited by blackrose

The thing is that tacky and bad taste are only so if the people responsible can't carry it off. Some of the greatest style is tacky. Salvador Dali's surrealism is tacky if you think about it. I have a friend on a boat in France who's an eccentric madman - he would love that boat and once he added his touch it would look amazing.

Tracy Emin's 'My Bed' springs to mind.........as does the Emperor's New Clothes!!!!

• Greenie 1

Tracy Emin's 'My Bed' springs to mind.........as does the Emperor's New Clothes!!!!

It doesn't spring my mind but if it springs to yours fair enough.

Personally I preferred the "performance art" of the 2 Chinese gay guys who jumped up and down on Tracey Emin's bed shortly after it was first exhibited than the original work. She was really pissed off about it and called it vandalism. But if we're expected to take her work seriously then why not theirs? I thought it was a great statement.

Edited by blackrose

Have a Green Thingy,your appraisal of this awful floating object suggests you are no kind of "Numpty"

CT

er... thanks but what is a Green Thingy??? (dreadful thoughts come to mind)

It doesn't spring my mind but if it springs to yours fair enough.

Personally I preferred the "performance art" of the 2 Chinese gay guys who jumped up and down on Tracey Emin's bed shortly after it was first exhibited than the original work. She was really pissed off about it and called it vandalism. But if we're expected to take her work seriously then why not theirs? I thought it was a great statement.

Didn't it end up getting burnt in the Great Fire of Saatchi??