Do you know any German / Swedish / Dutch canal boaters?

Luiza

Featured Posts

Hello fellow boaters!

I am working to promote English canal boat holidays to German, Swedish and Dutch visitors!

I am trying to speak with German, Swedish and Dutch people who have been on a canal boat holiday in England in the past couple of years.

I am offering a €20 Amazon voucher in return for a casual half hour chat....

If you know anyone that fits this profile please ask them to get in touch with me on luiza@383project.com

Thank you so much for your help!

Kindest regards,

Luiza

• Greenie 1

Reported.

These are usually spam and fake.

I would recommend any exercise normal and suitable precautions in making contact.

However giving the benifit of doubt, and as very cursary check reveal no reason at to it not being genuine, this thread will remain.

Thanks

Daniel

There was one of these posts on the NABO FB Group recently with the exact same wording but about outboard engines. It was even posted/shared by the group admin (who i think is Tuscan on here). Later in the say it was removed as it was found to be a con.

There was one of these posts on the NABO FB Group recently with the exact same wording but about outboard engines. It was even posted/shared by the group admin (who i think is Tuscan on here). Later in the say it was removed as it was found to be a con.

In what way was it a con? I can't see how having a talk about boats and then receiving a voucher could lead to someone getting conned.

Hello everyone!

I can assure you all this is not a scam - my name is Luiza (LinkedIn profile here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luiza-frederico-16938a2b/) and I am a Strategy Associate working for 383 Project ( www.383project.com ).

I am working on a project aiming to create a website that promotes English canal boating holidays to German, Dutch and Swedish boaters and tourists. We have a tight deadline for our project and I am very keen to speak with any German / Dutch / Swedish boaters who have been on a canal boat holiday in England in the past couple of years so I can understand what their experience was like.

We are offering a €20 Amazon voucher for anyone who fits this bill - in return for a half hour casual chat with myself. If you know anyone who might be interested, please share my email address? luiza@383project.com

I appreciate your support - I was really hoping I could get help through this community :)

Thank you very much in advance,

Kindest regards,

Luiza

Hello everyone!

I can assure you all this is not a scam - my name is Luiza (LinkedIn profile here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luiza-frederico-16938a2b/) and I am a Strategy Associate working for 383 Project ( www.383project.com ).

I am working on a project aiming to create a website that promotes English canal boating holidays to German, Dutch and Swedish boaters and tourists. We have a tight deadline for our project and I am very keen to speak with any German / Dutch / Swedish boaters who have been on a canal boat holiday in England in the past couple of years so I can understand what their experience was like.

We are offering a €20 Amazon voucher for anyone who fits this bill - in return for a half hour casual chat with myself. If you know anyone who might be interested, please share my email address? luiza@383project.com

I appreciate your support - I was really hoping I could get help through this community smile.png

Kindest regards,

Luiza

A suggestion:

If you want to ask a similar question here, or elsewhere, in future, you actually give this sort of explanation when you first post.

• Greenie 1

Hello everyone!

We are offering a 20 Amazon voucher for anyone who fits this bill - in return for a half hour casual chat with myself. If you know anyone who might be interested, please share my email address? luiza@383project.com

I appreciate your support - I was really hoping I could get help through this community :)

Kindest regards,

Luiza

I work full time on a boat on the canal. I retail goods to other boaters and properties near the canal.

My partner is German. She is a 30 year old Business Development Manager/IT Recruitment Consultant from near Dortmand (but living in the UK). She lives by the canal and comes boating regularly with me. We also took our annual holiday last year on board a hire boat.

I believe she could be an asset to your project, but for 30mins telephone consultation we would be looking for a £40 Amazon Voucher. If you are interested please PM me to discuss terms.

I have had a contact from a reputable 3rd party who explaned that Visit England (formally English Tourism Office) have recently given some money to Destination Birmingham to look at campaigns to try and get more people from the above 3 countries to visit the canals. If that works, then it will be rolled out to other countries. So I presume this is related.

[Each organisation] had to tender to be considered as a partner in the project and we were selected. They then tendered for the design, promotion bit, and whilst various canal based people tendered, it was awarded to 383, who are based in Birmingham. [/size]

The tag line is Majestic Waterways. So far as I know this is the first time that Visit England has been involved in a meaningful way in promoting the canals, so we think that it very good news.

###

Hopefully we can help 383 to promote our canals, and hence get more investment in them from Visit England.

Daniel