Amusing advert, March 2017 Waterways World

Joe the plumber

Featured Posts

If anyone has a copy, have a look at the 'Featured Boat Sales' from Wincham Wharf Boat Sales on page 93.

The first boat has an 'overplayed' baseplate, amusing enough, but it's the third one that gets me.

Can anyone enlighten me please as to what a 'Pompous toilet' is...?!

Those Toilets are standard on Hudsons?

CT

• Greenie 3

We laugh at the general press getting it wrong but our waterway press try their hardest to compete with them, they also had an article with a boat that had a 32 foot draft. In their cruising guide they suggest stopping at the Science Park on the Bridgewater, here are the signs all the way along there

post-261-0-69031600-1486413307_thumb.jpg

We laugh at the general press getting it wrong but our waterway press try their hardest to compete with them, they also had an article with a boat that had a 32 foot draft. In their cruising guide they suggest stopping at the Science Park on the Bridgewater, here are the signs all the way along there

Even at the layby with the mooring rings.

To be fair, those signs are on the offside, nice mooring towpath-side all along there.

MP.

That reminds me of the line from Alien Nation: "And it fits?"

I think the science park has changed hands since the guide was written. It used to be Daresbury Labs but all the scientists got moved down to Cambridge.

This could be the answer, it looks as if the guide was basically lifted from one written in 2010 lots of it word for word.

A pompous toilet? Surely one that's full of sh......you know what.

Reminds me of a time when I was queuing for a lock. A really short boat came past the queue to join another one short boat already in the lock. The owner of the boat in front of me complained loudly to the owner of the short boat as it passed about "queue jumpers".

We were still queuing when the owner of the short boat walked past carrying a full cassette towards the sanitary station, causing the irate boat owner in front of me to kick off again about "queue jumpers".

" you, my friend, are just like this cassette " said the owner of the short boat, "full of sh...."

Laugh, there were tears rolling down my legs.

• Greenie 1