small caravan type washer/spinner.

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

Have just brought one of the washer/spinner machines that are low power use, can't do link as I don't know how. Anyway I have seen a few people here mention them. Having tried it this morning I find it very prone to shaking when on spin setting. The spin basket runs eccentrically when when empty. Would be grateful for opinions from others with this type of machine.

Thanks,

Have just brought one of the washer/spinner machines that are low power use, can't do link as I don't know how. Anyway I have seen a few people here mention them. Having tried it this morning I find it very prone to shaking when on spin setting. The spin basket runs eccentrically when when empty. Would be grateful for opinions from others with this type of machine.

Thanks,

No personal experience but I've seen folk say that they had to remove the covers to tighten the bolt that attaches the spinner after a few week's use. Maybe yours arrived loose?

Yes we had one and the problem is that the spindle is at the bottom and not very substantial. There is very little support at the top. So when the drum spins it tends to go off on a wobble. It is slightly better with clothes in as the weight is a bit more at the bottom. Front loaders tend to to be a lot more substantial and the internal drum runs in a better supported outer drum but even they will wobble and crash around the kitchen (boat) if you are not careful.

I take it it is this one or equivalent?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcaravan+washin.TRS0&_nkw=caravan+washing+machine&_sacat=0

We have one of these

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-230w-Twin-Tub-Caravan-Motorhome-Washing-Machine-Spin-Dryer-/172389067957?hash=item2823306cb5%3Ag%3A7wUAAOSwWKtUvkWj&_trkparms=pageci%253A23ce4637-ec6d-11e6-abc7-005056b242e6%257Cparentrq%253A1388d05f15a0a5e0a20e080eff9e888b%257Ciid%253A1

Hope the linky will work - on my mobile..

Sometimes the spinner runs eccentricly (good description!) if it's EMPTY.. if it runs like that when there are clothes in it, it's either uneven distribution of stuff OR there are a couple of bolts/screws loose just inside the inspection cover at the back... I seem to recall that there's a thread on THE OTHER PLACE about just such issues and how to fix them - but am @ work now and can't search for it! Other than that - my little machine has been a godsend. Even when I have access to a washer I still use it to get me white work shirts proper white again. Whoever thort bus drivers should have white shirts was a proper fule.... :-)

My twin tub is pukka . But sometimes the spinner goes weird no apparent reason .

I ll spin dry a load , all fine , take the clothes out , put the next load into the spinner , put the lid down , turn the dial & it just goes around slowly with a bit of banging about .

I ll put my hand in take out the clothes , put them back in , try again and its fine .

Bizarre . So , i dont know what causes the problem but it seems to be fixed by redistributing the clothes . Quite what im actually doing any differently i have no idea whatsoever but it works .

Brilliant machine i think . Cheap , effective , low power , cheap

Whats not to like ?

cheers

Edited by chubby

We've got one as illustrated. They're not intended for 'serious' use - so you have to be a bit more practical in getting it to do what you want so-

don't overload the spinner, one pair of jeans at a time or a couple of shirts (and so on)

The spin motor is not very powerful and has little torque, so it never gets going if the load is either too heavy or unevenly distributed. Once it does get going it is reasonably efficient.

We run it from a 300W pure sine wave inverter - but I wonder whether a MSW might give worse results as although the unit will run it's a bit lumpy and probably never quite gets to its maximum speed?

Comments ?

We now have a single tub portable washing machine with spin (230v). It washes extremely well but the spin is poor, i.e slow. From memory the specs say about 300rpm spin speed.

Fortunately, we kept our stand alone Creda spin drier which runs at 2800rpm (with about a 400w motor so no need for a big inverter). This gets most of the moisture out of the washing.

If you have the additional storage space it is well worth investing in one.

Tony

Use a screwdriver to take off the plastic panel at the back and you may find the fanbelt is slipping or otherwise not quite right. I used to have to periodically fiddle with it when the basket spun on a wonk or made lots of angry noises but wouldn't spin at all.

Also if this is not the issue, they tend to spin better when fully (but not over) loaded than they do with just a couple of bits in them.