Interesting articles on the Braunston Marina Web Site

Ray T

Featured Posts

Would be an interesting read if they were not written by the most rudest man alive

Have you ever met Tim? I have never understood the hostility which some people display towards him. I have known him for something like twenty years and have always found him to be polite, charming and generous.

Edited by David Schweizer
  • Greenie 3

Have you ever met Tim? I have never understood the hoatility which some people display towards him. I have known him for something like twenty years and have always found him to be polite and charming and generous.

Same here.

Have you ever met Tim? I have never understood the hoatility which some people display towards him. I have known him for something like twenty years and have always found him to be polite and charming and generous.

I would not have said it if I had not met him. I speak by experience. In fact when I met him even David Suchet was embarrassed by Tim

Edited by Tonka
  • Greenie 1

I would not have said it if I had not met him. I speak by experience. In fact when I met him even David Suchet was embarrassed by Tim

iF you are talking about the weekend a few years ago, when David Suchet was special guest of honour at the historic Narrowboat rally. I was also there, and it is true that Tim was rather well oiled by late lunchtime, but even then he was far from rude, just a litte over flamboyant.

iF you are talking about the weekend a few years ago, when David Suchet was special guest of honour at the historic Narrowboat rally. I was also there, and it is true that Tim was rather well oiled by late lunchtime, but even then he was far from rude, just a litte over flamboyant.

No it was before he came up with the historic rally

It was only thanks to him that we got our share boat back after a disagreement with the chap who ran the share company

I read the diesel Dave article. What an interesting life. I like reading Tims stories.

I have to admit though that the 'service' in the shop needed some improvement last time I was there. I must have stood waiting to even be acknowledged that I was there for fifteen minutes. I exited stage left.

We drydocked there a number of years ago and whole experience was pleasurable.

Thanks for posting the link.

Martyn

• Greenie 1

Apparently Charles Dickens was not a particularly pleasant bloke. Doesn't devalue his writing though.

JP

Apparently, Charles Dickens was caught up in a fatal railway crash, and suffered afterwards from what would now be called PTSD The fact that he continued to travel frequently by train to readings and events probably didn't help his condition.

MP.

Apparently, Charles Dickens was caught up in a fatal railway crash, and suffered afterwards from what would now be called PTSD The fact that he continued to travel frequently by train to readings and events probably didn't help his condition.

MP.

Indeed he was - although obviously it wasn't fatal for him ? . It's an interesting possibility as to the effect on his character.

Headcorn in Kent from memory. Replacing a bridge between trains and didn't quite finish in time. Broadly.

Anyway the point was to draw attention to the nonsensical nature of the second post irrespective of the poster's personal view of the author. I also believe Isaac Newton wasn't a nice bloke either. His laws don't suffer from it.

JP

Edited by Captain Pegg