And yet another Narrowboat program

J R ALSOP

Featured Posts

I did, that's not included either. Which is a pity because my ancient but ridiculously heavy Sony Trinitron TV produces a very nice picture and I could happily watch this interesting sounding program on W without this new-fangled HD malarkey. It might be very funny, but I may never know unless I cough up to Mr Branson for a bigger bundle, or it gets repeated on a channel I do have.

I feel so deprived that some TV channel isn't subsidising my boating ambitions. Imagine some extremely miserable charity advert music at this point folks, if you will. Never mind £3 a month, just £15,000 would give Peter X a better future. ... Or I could always just go on crewing for other people, or sell my house in Croydon, buy a much cheaper one in the Midlands and buy a nice boat with the change.

or sell my house in Croydon, buy a much cheaper one in the Midlands and buy a nice boat with the change.

That's what I did after 22 years of shared ownership and a similar perid of hiring before that.

If you get a canalside house with a mooring or the possibility of developing a mooring, boat ownership becomes relatively affordable.