Roses & Castles Music

Ray T

Featured Posts

I like it as well.

There are plenty of similar songs on the website http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/

There were over 250 at the last count so you might find one you like!

And no one is claiming they're traditional - it just seems that the waterways have inspired people to write songs about them in the last few decades.

When MtB and I (and Lone Wolf and Dyad) doctored the lyrics to "Knocking on Heaven's Door" for our special BSP 40th birthday song, I named our band Guns'n'Roses'n'Castles.

I felt ridiculously pleased with myself for some time afterwards.

As you should have been, it made BSP dead chuffed.

Eh?

Are you telling us two bands have already nicked our idea for a song called Hotel California?

Only one "Hotel California".

However if you listen to the opening bars of JT's "We Used To Know" it is exactly the same as "Hotel California", but predates "Hotel California" by at least 5 years.

A few years ago I went to see Ian Anderson live in Basingstoke. He played "We Used To Know" and showed slides of The Eagles being Tull's support band on a tour back in the mid to late 60'season, and asked the audience to draw their own conclusions.