Boat sunk on the Macc on Marple

Alway Swilby

Featured Posts

That's the bit I don't understand why the owner and insurers weren't contacted straight away,

We could speculate that the owner was hiring it out to Dave without the insurer's authority but that's all it would be - speculation.

Well topic back on track after being Hijacked by some .

The owner hopefully will not lose out on this but the fund raiser is for Djembe Dave ? I hope who ever is in charge of money allocation is aware of the facts ,

Well topic back on track after being Hijacked by some .

The owner hopefully will not lose out on this but the fund raiser is for Djembe Dave ? I hope who ever is in charge of money allocation is aware of the facts ,

I presume that the owner had her boat sunk, which is recoverable by the insurance so, as she obviously wasn't using it herself, she hasn't really lost aanything. The guy living on it, however, lost his home and, again presumably, the bulk of his posessions. So who needs the collected money more? Edited by Arthur Marshall

I presume that the owner had her boat sunk, which is recoverable by the insurance so, as she obviously wasn't using it herself, she hasn't really lost aanything. The guy living on it, however, lost his home and, again presumably, the bulk of his posessions. So who needs the collected money more?

That rather depends on the reasons the boat sank and the cost of repairing it.

That rather depends on the reasons the boat sank and the cost of repairing it.

It does indeed, but however you look at it, the owner still has her home and all her stuff, and the other guy hasn't. If it was being rented out illegally or without insurance and the necessary permissions, then that's not his culpability either - the owner would have been trying to screw a profit on the cheap and I don't see why there should be too much sympathy. But we don't know any of that, and the odds are it was all fair and square and the only person who has lost anything is the tenant - his landlady will have some grief about it all, but such is the downside of renting out property as any landlord know!

It does indeed, but however you look at it, the owner still has her home and all her stuff, and the other guy hasn't. If it was being rented out illegally or without insurance and the necessary permissions, then that's not his culpability either - the owner would have been trying to screw a profit on the cheap and I don't see why there should be too much sympathy. But we don't know any of that, and the odds are it was all fair and square and the only person who has lost anything is the tenant - his landlady will have some grief about it all, but such is the downside of renting out property as any landlord know!

How do you know that?

It could equally be the case that the owner has offered a homeless man somewhere to sleep FOC.

The saddest thing in all this is the 84 year old lady who owns the boat now has the job of recovery and has lost all the possessions on the boat, all she has left of her late husband and the cruising they did are the photos (edited for auto typing error)

I presume that the owner had her boat sunk, which is recoverable by the insurance so, as she obviously wasn't using it herself, she hasn't really lost aanything. The guy living on it, however, lost his home and, again presumably, the bulk of his posessions. So who needs the collected money more?

at 84 i doubt she was screwing anyone, she was probably just helping someone out in need till they got sorted.

How do you know that?

It could equally be the case that the owner has offered a homeless man somewhere to sleep FOC.

Well, that's what I thought I'd implied, that all was on the level one way or another. It's been said somewhere on this thread that he's now renting another boat to live on, so as I said,I made some assumptions based on the little we know. If someone is going to live on your boat, you'd surely take you precious persoonal stuff off, if only to make room for the tenant. Ergo, stuff lost is his not yours.

I may of course be completely wrong as I know no more than anyone else here, just speculating on the evidence. Pointless, really, so shall stop.

• 2 weeks later...

is this really daves dad who said this?

Derek Craig

As the Father of the so called Djembe Dave, I would like to know if when David is awarded all this money, so kindly if misguidedly donated, will he actually use it to have the boat salvaged and repaired. The boat does not belong to him but to an old lady who was renting it to him. Unless I miss my guess, on past experience he will abandon it , take the money and run.The proceeds of your kindness will more than likely go up in SMOKE of a Recreational Herbal variety. BEWARE OF GREEKS BEARING GIFTS. If David appears helpful or even plausible he is akin to a business-man, smiling and shaking your hand, already working out how he's going to SCREW you.