Air Fryer Recipes

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

We bought an air fryer over the Christmas break and have so far enjoyed some lovely sweet potato chips, root vegetable crisps and beautiful jerk chicken with lovely crispy skin and tender flesh, all "fried" with no oil.

Has anyone else got any recipes they have tried in their air fryer?

We need some inspiration.

Had one when I lived on land, didn't do much with it though, but agreed on the chicken, lovely crispy skin and retains the juice!

Plenty of things you could do with chicken legs/wings/quaters and a good rub!

Maybe have a crack at a KFC recipe, I found and tried one that was pretty close!

Had one when I lived on land, didn't do much with it though, but agreed on the chicken, lovely crispy skin and retains the juice!

Plenty of things you could do with chicken legs/wings/quaters and a good rub!

Maybe have a crack at a KFC recipe, I found and tried one that was pretty close!

Why not just buy KFC? its hellish cheap and always tastes like KFC.

No gravy!

With chicken kiev and rice?

No.

That's just plain wrong!

If I could have one on the boat, think I would try chicken quarter dipped in egg then rubbed in breadcrumbs with Cajun seasoning...

Yum yum!

A satisfaction of doing it yourself?

We had jerk chicken leg and thigh last week. That was very nice.

Why not just buy KFC? its hellish cheap and always tastes like KFC.

Because it's crap?

We bought an air fryer over the Christmas break and have so far enjoyed some lovely sweet potato chips, root vegetable crisps and beautiful jerk chicken with lovely crispy skin and tender flesh, all "fried" with no oil.

Has anyone else got any recipes they have tried in their air fryer?

We need some inspiration.

Great for doing bangers and chips, had them tonight.

Great innit biggrin.png Absolute garbage but I luv it. First had it in 73 when a child in the RN and the same shop is still there!!

I know! An old mate of mine years ago was MD of KFC and used to say the tiniest outlets made shockingly large amounts of money and often paid off the price of their premises in three years flat.

Am I the only one who thinks KFC has changed out of all recognition since the 70's? It used to be spicy and crispy, these days it's mild and soggy.

It's impossible to recreate at home anyway, because you can't get domestic pressurised deep fat fryers - too dangerous I guess.

Agree that its not very crispy.

When I have tried to recreate I did it in the oven, not a big fan of deep fat frying, only for home made chips, onion rings and breaded mushrooms...

Can't remember which recipe I used but a google will bring a load up, it wasn't far off although it did contain a lot of herbs and spices and took a while to prep, but it tasted mighty fine..

What is an 'air fryer' anyway? Posh name for an oven? Surely the definition of frying is immersion in hot fat.

Yes and yes. It's yet another gadget designed to part the gullible from their money.

I've yet to see an 'air fryer' recipe that I couldn't cook as fast and much more cheaply in a halogen oven.

Yes and yes. It's yet another gadget designed to part the gullible from their money.

I've yet to see an 'air fryer' recipe that I couldn't cook as fast and much more cheaply in a halogen oven.

It cooks stuff much quicker then our Bosch oven.

Jacket spuds take about an hour in the oven, they take about 35 minutes in the air fryer and have a much crispier skin.