Please take 5 minutes to look at my fundraising page

boatingkid

Featured Posts

Good Afternoon all,

I'm trying to raise funds to buy a boat, I have been wanting to live on the waterways for year but I am finding it extremely difficult to save money. I work every hour I can but only managing to pay my rent and bill with little to nothing left over at the end of the month.

I have tried getting a marine mortgage and personal loans, but no one has taken the idea seriously with me being on such a low income. Any help towards my goal would be greatly appreciated i just don't know which other way to turn.

https://www.gofundme.com/my-dream-to-live-on-a-boat

Thank you

Steve

That's quite a first post ... I have never heard anything like it ... I am afraid agree with Naughty Cal.

If others disagree with Naughty Cal then I would quite like a boat too!

Reported

Its no better than a comnercial advert.

The man is a chancer only joined to promote his scam.

He is even using a picture of Mike's (Blackrose) boat in his advert, suspect he hasn't asked........

Edited by Loddon

I'm sympathetic to your situation. Life is hard for the young people of today but begging, which is what this is, is not a solution to your problems.

I advise you to think again.

Many people work for a lifetime and cannot afford to buy a boat worth £6K, let alone £60K.

• Greenie 1

Thing is with boats that if you really want one you can find a cheap fixer upper to start with. You can live in an old van whilst you get the money, you can live in one end of it whilst you build the rest of it. What very few of us do is to save 60k and buy a ready built, off the peg, fully finished boat right down to the carpets and curtains. Its because of this that I think a) its a scam, or, cool.png the person is genuine but so lacking in initiative that he is totally unsuitable for life on a boat. I, however am totally suitable and need an injection of capital to repaint the thing. Cheques, cash, postal orders, all welcome, get that warm glow of satisfaction from helping a fellow boater, Ta.

edit to add, I don't know how that yellow thing got in.

Edited by Bee

It took me until I was 33 or so to raise the 7k that I spent on the initial purchase of my boat, which came with no shower, running water, bedroom or pretty much anything else. 60k!? My days!

Suck it up, start small and save/trade/work for it. There are thousands or maybe millions of people where you are, dreaming away... Lots of people work stupid hours and don't have any money left at the end of the month to show for it, and not many people get the good shit in life handed to them on a platter, why should you be any different!?

Edited by Starcoaster
  • Greenie 2

Steve, sorry to say but I think the Gofundme page is a non-starter as far raising funds for a boat purchase goes.

Word of unsolicited advice though: don't let your lack of an 'asset' (as you call it) stand in the way of starting a family if that's what this is really about. Children aren't a luxury to be enjoyed only by people on high incomes, and the tax and benefits system does still just about recognise this fact by using tax credits and child benefit to top up the earnings of households like yours. Maybe you'll find a way to join the property-owning classes later on and maybe you won't, but you can't put your life on hold indefinitely meanwhile.

I must admit to being slightly ashamed of my generation.

They think they can post rubbish luke this and people will flock to give them money.

Bloody hell. Grow up get a job and damned right earn it.

The world owes you nothing.

• Greenie 1

Strangely no one seems to have donated yet......my flabber is glasted!

I'm amazed at some of those funding pages.....sadly people like the OP take away from genuine causes and are a reason I wouldn't donate any money.

However like others my beer fund is running low so if anyone has the odd fiver......

Gareth

Good Afternoon all,

I'm trying to raise funds to buy a boat, I have been wanting to live on the waterways for year but I am finding it extremely difficult to save money. I work every hour I can but only managing to pay my rent and bill with little to nothing left over at the end of the month.

I have tried getting a marine mortgage and personal loans, but no one has taken the idea seriously with me being on such a low income. Any help towards my goal would be greatly appreciated i just don't know which other way to turn.

https://www.gofundme.com/my-dream-to-live-on-a-boat

Thank you

Steve

Honestly mate, change your occupation to something better paid. This is the blindingly obvious solution to your problems.