GU dip stick

fittie

Featured Posts

Does anyone have a GU dip stick especially from Yarwoods that I could copy, please.

I presume you mean fuel tanks?

I made my own for Alton which stayed with the boat when I sold her. A bit of delicate calibration, especially through the transition from rectangular lower tank to triangular top.

George ex nb Alton retired

Yep, for the fuel tank, I remember them when I was much younger but have not seen one in years and am beginning to wonder if I ever saw one at all.

I'm trying to remember the shape of a Yarwoods tank and I don't think that it is rectangular, I have a feeling that it tapers away from the triangular vertical part - if you get my meaning.

And because, as you said, it requires a bit of delicate calibration I thought it would be easier to copy one if, that is, one can be found.

Thanks, but... is it a GUCC dip stick? If Rex didn't know well it could be anything. After having another, closer, look I would say that it is NOT a GU fuel dip stick.

Edited by fittie

All I can say is that where I have seen fairly detailed inventories of what was included as the kit on a GUCCCo boat, (starting handle, valve lifter, range chimney, engine chimney etc, etc), a dip stick has not been included in the list, I recall having seen.

All I can say is that where I have seen fairly detailed inventories of what was included as the kit on a GUCCCo boat, (starting handle, valve lifter, range chimney, engine chimney etc, etc), a dip stick has not been included in the list, I recall having seen.

A forum member - so sorry, can't quite remember who but poss Archie57? - did post Enceladus's inventory up some time ago with Arthur Pearsall as captain, and 1 dipstick is listed.

For the more glamorous of the Idle Women, right?

They are the ones on the GUCCCo boats that did not use gas mask case clips to make chimney chains. Every war historian knows that glamorous women were regularly admonished for not having the gas mask in the bag, in order to be able to stuff it full instead with large amounts of cosmetics.

Ergo, they would not have stripped gas mask bags of their clips, so would not have had them to make chimney chains.