Canal World

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hounddog

Brexit 2017

3,012 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

How on Earth has a mobile fone charge cost you 20 percent of your income?

It hasnt, but last year before brexit each pound bought 1.30-.140 euros now it buys 1.10-1.20

5 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Why move a boat to Europe with all the costs involved? far better to buy one over there in the first place.

I like the one i have, I like to be able to bring it backwards and forwards

6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Workers have too many rights already but if they dont like their " Rights " then become self employed and they dont apply. I did and many others.

Workers rights largely came about through the EU and the concern is the Tories will remove them, you may think that a good thing,many of us do not

6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

The NHS has been going down the pan for many years, all of them whilst members of your beloved private members club.

I have seen during this thread that the remain camp are all half full glass types whereas the Majority of the UK voters are half full you should try that stance out some time it will make you happier in life.

starved of money apparently because of Brexit and looosing workers is why.

I am quite happy apart from genuine substantiated by real evidence fears for the future no need to comment on my mental state.

10 hours ago, Phoenix_V said:

well no

as explained before its the messing up of the economy, my income being worth 20% less, the probability of not being able to travel as before, vat and duty  being charged again on your boat if you move it to Europe

loss of workers rights, collapse of NHS etc etc

but of course for you its all worth it to be ruled by Mrs Mayhem

Yes but you're forgetting the £350 million that we can spend on the NHS, the taking back control and all the good news that's just round the corner when we leave. It is just round the corner isn't it? No? When do all the benefits start happening then? Its gone very quiet in here hasn't it?

7 minutes ago, Bee said:

Yes but you're forgetting the £350 million that we can spend on the NHS, the taking back control and all the good news that's just round the corner when we leave. It is just round the corner isn't it? No? When do all the benefits start happening then? Its gone very quiet in here hasn't it?

Strange that isn't it.  They mock the remainers because potential problems didn't arise instantly so we should be seeing instantly all these benefits.  Shouldn't we?

2 hours ago, Phoenix_V said:

It hasnt, but last year before brexit each pound bought 1.30-.140 euros now it buys 1.10-1.20

I like the one i have, I like to be able to bring it backwards and forwards

Workers rights largely came about through the EU and the concern is the Tories will remove them, you may think that a good thing,many of us do not

starved of money apparently because of Brexit and looosing workers is why.

I am quite happy apart from genuine substantiated by real evidence fears for the future no need to comment on my mental state.

1 hour ago, Bee said:

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Strange that isn't it.  They mock the remainers because potential problems didn't arise instantly so we should be seeing instantly all these benefits.  Shouldn't we?

I am sure in the fullness of time large amounts of EU workers will leave us because its such a crap place to be, and of course that will relieve the NHS as well, and in a couple of years or maybe sooner if the EU decides to play real harball we will stop wasting our money in the EU. Of course before we joined the EU we all worked a thousand hours a week, never had holidays, and children used to work down coalmines in the day and clean chimneys at night! whilst they were still lit. I have been to Malta this year If I hadnt used the fone it wouldnt have mattered at all, as for the cost well things in Malta have shot up in price since last year why? you may ask because of all the immigrants and refugees say the Maltese People. The EU has done some good but it would be better if it was just the common market, roll on the elections in France with Marie Le Penn for a win then we will see the SxxT hit the fan

On 26/04/2017 at 07:18, Sir Nibble said:

Exactly. A welcome increase in career opportunities for our young people directly resulting from brexit. Glad you agree.

And in the meantime, are you happy with no nurses or medical staff?

Of course not. Shame you can't just make some up to fill the immediate shortfall.

Meanwhile back in the real world I see that the 27 might make Britain pay what it owes (ie what it is already committed to) before embarking on any trade agreement negotiations.  Who'd have thought Johnny Foreigner could hold us to our word?

45 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

And in the meantime, are you happy with no nurses or medical staff?

Of course not. Shame you can't just make some up to fill the immediate shortfall.

The short fall would take time to fill as well.  According to the Royal College of Nursing you need a degree in Nursing so at least 3 years from deciding to being able to do the job.  Much longer for Doctors of course.

6 hours ago, peterboat said:

I am sure in the fullness of time large amounts of EU workers will leave us because its such a crap place to be, and of course that will relieve the NHS as well, and in a couple of years or maybe sooner if the EU decides to play real harball we will stop wasting our money in the EU. Of course before we joined the EU we all worked a thousand hours a week, never had holidays, and children used to work down coalmines in the day and clean chimneys at night! whilst they were still lit. I have been to Malta this year If I hadnt used the fone it wouldnt have mattered at all, as for the cost well things in Malta have shot up in price since last year why? you may ask because of all the immigrants and refugees say the Maltese People. The EU has done some good but it would be better if it was just the common market, roll on the elections in France with Marie Le Penn for a win then we will see the SxxT hit the fan

I really don't know why you keep on cheering on Marine Le Pen (when you can't even get the name right^_^) presumably you really have no concerns at all for the workers at Vauxhall Luton and Ellesmere Port who will almost certainly lose their jobs now that they've been taken over by PSA Group. Le Pen has made quite clear that she fully supports protectionism so her view would be why employ British workers to build cars when those jobs can go to French car builders. This is the approach of Trump, and Le Pen is a great admirer of that half wit.

Let us suppose your 'dream' happens and the whole EU edifice is brought down by Le Pen being elected as French President, do you seriously think that the UK will be unaffected just because we have left? If Europe crashes, we crash with it.

38 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I really don't know why you keep on cheering on Marine Le Pen (when you can't even get the name right^_^) presumably you really have no concerns at all for the workers at Vauxhall Luton and Ellesmere Port who will almost certainly lose their jobs now that they've been taken over by PSA Group. Le Pen has made quite clear that she fully supports protectionism so her view would be why employ British workers to build cars when those jobs can go to French car builders. This is the approach of Trump, and Le Pen is a great admirer of that half wit.

Let us suppose your 'dream' happens and the whole EU edifice is brought down by Le Pen being elected as French President, do you seriously think that the UK will be unaffected just because we have left? If Europe crashes, we crash with it.

They bought the whole opel/vauxhall group so no doubt she will close down all the other factories in Europe as well. Of course we should just buy cars made assembled here, which will sort out the issue nicely! Given that according to Toyota and Nissan they are the best built in the world from a country according to you that cant make anything

10 minutes ago, peterboat said:

They bought the whole opel/vauxhall group so no doubt she will close down all the other factories in Europe as well. Of course we should just buy cars made assembled here, which will sort out the issue nicely! Given that according to Toyota and Nissan they are the best built in the world from a country according to you that cant make anything

And you think that she wont? Protectionism is her watchword, jobs for French people and all that. So tariffs on imported foreign vehicles (yup, that'll include anything from the UK) and 'repatriate' foreign jobs to French workers. It wont work but that is what she promises.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0