New Survey ...

wrigglefingers

Featured Posts

So, we had a request from a student for yet another survey. I've done it. Be kind.

Here's his request ...

Hey guys!

Im currently Doing my Final Major Project at University and would love to get as much feed back as possible from my Canal boat themed questionnaire. It focuses on problems and difficulties on the canals . I hope you can all give it a blast! The more detail the better. Many thanks!

https://surveyplanet.com/5850067922b714057516560f

PLEASE GIVE IT A GO! SHORT AND SWEET CANAL BOAT QUESTIONNAIRE

Edited by wrigglefingers
Sorted out the coding errors

I very much doubt it's really a final year degree survey, it looks like it's more a BTEC L1 questionnaire, but we can be kind and help at Christmas. He'll be marked on the structure of the questionnaire as well as the analysis of the answers. It's not a questionnaire that I'd let one of my students use because it limits the response. There are errors in the possible answers in any case.

I don't know the nature of this guy's University course - is it to do with writing a survey, and he's just opted to use canal life as the theme?

He is assuming that everyone has problems on their boat and his survey answers are going to be a total waste of time for any proper University project, either about surveys or about canal life. I've tried to tell him that in as kind a way as I could in the last answer boxes as it was making me quite cross that he should write such a poorly conceived project.

Wriggle has answered in part - I've answered as best I can but the answers will not reflect reality at all.

Link worked and summited survey. I answered that I hadn't rented a boat. I still had to answer the following questions. But no problem as I'm that sort of chap.

You don't have to answer, you can move on to the next page without choosing any options

Richard

Hopefully he will learn something or the whole project is a waste of everyone's time, inlcuding those of us who replied. I did add a note in one response box to tell him I thought his questions would only be useful if he allowed people to say they had no problems, so if he takes that on board he might be able to write a more considered survey next time, whatever the topic.

I very much doubt it's really a final year degree survey, it looks like it's more a BTEC L1 questionnaire, but we can be kind and help at Christmas. He'll be marked on the structure of the questionnaire as well as the analysis of the answers. It's not a questionnaire that I'd let one of my students use because it limits the response. There are errors in the possible answers in any case.

I would have disappointed by the quality of the work if it were for a GCSE course!

I would have disappointed by the quality of the work if it were for a GCSE course!

Quite ... I'd be having words at BTEC L1 TBH, but hey! Not my monkeys and not my circus either, just a panicky request for help, wonkily worded. We've all been there, even if we'd like to think we haven't!

You're being a bit harsh on the guy. If it was a CRT survey many of you would be lining up lists of problems.

I don't think so. We do not know if his project is about canals or about surveys, but as he obviously knows nothing about canals I think it has to be about surveys. If that is the case then I think he has a lot to learn about survey work, and it is just possible that the replies on this thread would give him some useful feedback (if he actually ever sees it, of course).