MOTORPOINT ARENA NOTTINGHAM

frygood

Featured Posts

Hi Guys

I have just purchased tickets to an event at the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham in May.I thought it might be nice to take my boat.I have never been to Nottingham and was wondering if i can moor anywhere near the venue.I looked at the map and I'm not sure if i should be on the Erewash canal or the river Trent

Any advice would be most welcome

Thanks in advance and i wish you all a merry christmas and thanks for all your thoughts and comments over the past year

Carl

You would need to moor somewhere near Sainsburys / Castle Marina on the Nottingham Canal (near the Nottingham castle) - its about a 1km walk from there to the arena.

There is no mooring nearer the event / arena as the canal is very narrow until you get to Meadow lane Lock and then out onto the River Trent.

You could moor on the Erewash either near to Long Eaton railway station (10 mins on the train to Nottingham then a 10-15 min walk to venue) or moor at Padmore moorings in Sandiacre and catch the bus into Nottingham.

You can moor ootside the magistrates court opposite theFellows Morton pub and the old Trent Navigation warehouse but it is noisy. Boats also moor between Carrington and Trent street bridges but I'm not certain I would want and you might just get SB paying a call as it's opposite the Crown Court which handles a lot of high profile cases. There are also some moorings above Meadow Lane lock.

Hi Guys

I have just purchased tickets to an event at the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham in May.I thought it might be nice to take my boat.I have never been to Nottingham and was wondering if i can moor anywhere near the venue.I looked at the map and I'm not sure if i should be on the Erewash canal or the river Trent

Any advice would be most welcome

Thanks in advance and i wish you all a merry christmas and thanks for all your thoughts and comments over the past year

Carl

I moor either by Sainsbury's or outside the court building.

Never had a problem in either place (though the court area is very near some bars which can be noisy at weekends).

If it's Dylan you are going to see, I'll be there that night but probably not with the boat.

Frank.

• 3 months later...

Hi Frank

Yes it is Dylan.Missus is a huge fan.

I was  just wondering how long can i stay on the visiting moorings at sainsburys and court buildings.As i wouldn't mind seeing a bit of Nottingham as we will be there.

Carl