Thames tideway - St Pancras CC annual cruise

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

St. Pancras Cruising Club holds its annual tideway cruise, for members & visitors, on Sat 13 & Sun 14 May 2017.

Details may be found at www.stpancrascc.co.uk, or you can contact Andrew Phasey directly on 07850 753 633.

If anyone is looking for an experienced crew (will bring my own VHF radio, flares, sun compass, depth gauge etc), please let me know...

As to the route, here is a hint ....

post-13477-0-89679500-1481622663_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Form off in the post this morning!

Does anyone know what the mooring situation is at Teddington?

Is there anywhere to moor below the lock? We'd like to go back down the Tideway on the Sunday (04:00 start!) If we have to go up the lock to moor would we be expected to buy a licence even though we would be there for less than 12 hours?

Thanks for that. I've just been looking at that image myself.

ETA We're thinking about exploring the Nene and beyond this summer so it might be worth trading up to a gold licence at the end of the month.

There are a number of Fenland forum members who can offer advice. It's horrible over here, of course ...

Form off in the post this morning!

Does anyone know what the mooring situation is at Teddington?

Is there anywhere to moor below the lock? We'd like to go back down the Tideway on the Sunday (04:00 start!) If we have to go up the lock to moor would we be expected to buy a licence even though we would be there for less than 12 hours?

Ring the Teddington lockkeepers. I've been allowed to moor above the lock overnight without a EA licence before going back down onto the tideway the next morning.

Unless you can get onto one of the pontoons below the lock there's not really anywhere to moor. The Anglers has its own pontoon which customers can use but I don't know if you can use it overnight? I'm sure if you asked nicely they wouldn't mind - trouble is it's only a short pontoon and if there's a dinghy or rowing boat moored there when you arrive you won't be able to get onto it. I've moored against some pilings below the lock and gone for a pint, but with the rise and fall of the tide you really need to be sure that your ropes aren't going to catch on anything and will let the boat move up and down. It's difficult to get on and off the boat and I'm not sure I'd want to be there all night.

St. Pancras Cruising Club holds its annual tideway cruise, for members & visitors, on Sat 13 & Sun 14 May 2017.

Details may be found at www.stpancrascc.co.uk, or you can contact Andrew Phasey directly on 07850 753 633.

If anyone is looking for an experienced crew (will bring my own VHF radio, flares, sun compass, depth gauge etc), please let me know...

As to the route, here is a hint ....

attachicon.gif15370085_377363169275495_4751361398833890039_o.jpg

This cruise is already booking up fast.

So if you are interested then please don't delay!