Lister JP dry sump tank

flatplane8

Featured Posts

Our JP3 dry sump tank was one of the steel ones, not copper, and had developed some leaks. I thought it could be repaired, but it was beyond salvage. Local metalwork company, R&P Metalwork in Lowestoft remade it in stainless, and managed to incorporate the filter screens too. Lovely job, now should I polish it to a mirror finish? (just kidding)

drysump2.jpg

drysump1.jpg

Our JP3 dry sump tank was one of the steel ones, not copper, and had developed some leaks. I thought it could be repaired, but it was beyond salvage. Local metalwork company, R&P Metalwork in Lowestoft remade it in stainless, and managed to incorporate the filter screens too. Lovely job, now should I polish it to a mirror finish? (just kidding)

drysump2.jpg

drysump1.jpg

Oh now, if only you'd said!

I have a spare Lister copper one and I doubt if the one in use on the boat will wear out so it would be available to real causes like you, but not to dealers! I've had the offers thanks.

James

No, no you're not, you're not joking at all ...... are you?

I've helped friends restore listed buildings and 'ageing' is generally dis approved of.

Their rules are if it's a new addition it should be reversible. If a repair it must be sympathetic (materials etc) but best to let it show.

OP. That's a brilliant bit of tinware you have there. Real skill. Not mirror finish but a satin would mark your input and add a mark on the boats time line.

Edit 'cause it needed it.

Edited by Taslim

drysump2.jpg

drysump1.jpg

No you shouldn't polish it.... you should take it to a plating company and get it copper plated ;0)