Bws padlock where to get one

emlclcy

Featured Posts

We are at a loss here....can't figure a need for one. Please can somebody enlighten. Ta.

Quite!

Perhaps the OP would like to explain?

Add:

The OP wants to go to Wales and is already using the language; bws! (bus)

Edited by Graham Davis

I can only assume its for some kind of facility that the OP wishes to keep locked, but wants to make available to all boaters. For example a marina car park barrier or a private water point or a box containing promotional information/pamphlets, or something like that.

The padlock could be welded to a chain etc to prevent removal.

• Greenie 1

Maybe he's only got very small pockets and wants to padlock something without adding another key to his keyring?

Maybe he wants to padlock his rear hatch shut, but likes an open house for fellow boaters?

Maybe he has found a BW padlock is exactly the right weight to use for measuring out flour forbhis scone receipe?

Maybe he wants to start a round of seemingly endless speculation on this forum? ;)

Not really bothered what you want one for as if you have to ask the question where to get one from it just shows you inexperience.

The simple answer is you can only get them from CaRT and unless you run a facility that has to allow access to CaRT and their users who hold a CaRT key your not going to get one. Then there's the other way of just taking one from a facility and letting CaRT worry about it. Mind you if I was to see a CaRT padlock being used on a boat I would think the user used the latter means to acquire it.

Edited by Northernboater

Maybe he's only got very small pockets and wants to padlock something without adding another key to his keyring?

Maybe he wants to padlock his rear hatch shut, but likes an open house for fellow boaters?

Maybe he has found a BW padlock is exactly the right weight to use for measuring out flour forbhis scone receipe?

Maybe he wants to start a round of seemingly endless speculation on this forum? wink.png

yes indeed!!

frusty.giffrusty.gif

Well at least 20 that used to dangle from chains on paddle gear on the wide GU locks from Dudswell to Berkhamsted have all long since gone without trace. (Possibly the least effective and most short-lived anti-vandal scheme BW ever spent money on?).

No idea if they all ended up in the cut, or if anybody now has some as souvenirs.

As stated already, those on dangling chains from the new style "finger choppy" water point covers seem to have fared little better in many areas.

Nothing more boring than someone asking for help but not prepared to answer questions from members trying to help.

Bit harsh as all the op wanted to know was where to get one from. Most of the questions that are unanswered are related to why would you want one? I am also very curious as to why but presumably the silence is because the op does not wish to explain why, and that is his/her right.

Don't mean to sound pompus, but can't think of a better way to say what I think.

Bit harsh as all the op wanted to know was where to get one from. Most of the questions that are unanswered are related to why would you want one? I am also very curious as to why but presumably the silence is because the op does not wish to explain why, and that is his/her right.

Don't mean to sound pompus, but can't think of a better way to say what I think.

Spot on. Those were pretty much my thoughts. Not like Valrene9600 had been in any way helpful in any case. Could just go and do something less boring instead.

JP

Well at least 20 that used to dangle from chains on paddle gear on the wide GU locks from Dudswell to Berkhamsted have all long since gone without trace. (Possibly the least effective and most short-lived anti-vandal scheme BW ever spent money on?).

No idea if they all ended up in the cut, or if anybody now has some as souvenirs.

As stated already, those on dangling chains from the new style "finger choppy" water point covers seem to have fared little better in many areas.

Can't remember last time I had to unlock one of them to use it and on most of them there is now a different padlock on the stop tap, originally that was a BWB lock as well.