Webasto location ok.

canals are us?

Featured Posts

I am installing a webasto TTC and was wondering if I could install it above the engine bay floor, fixed to the wall of my modern trad engine bay? was thinking mounting on wall above engine bay floor above the swim. The small room is not a living accommodation with around 50 inches headroom,, so in the instructions can't see why not. The diesel tank base is around level with the floor, but should be fine as the fuel is pumped. Thinking heater just above the floor.

The exhaust would exit below the gunnel facing away from the direction of travel.

If I can have it where I suggested it would enable easy access in future rather than cramped up in the engine bay/engine and having to empty the area and remove plywood floor.

Thanks. James.

Perfectly acceptable and I have recently fitted a couple in such areas, it is now particularly safe as the new OEM kits we use come with the one piece gas tight exhaust tube and silencer, use some exhaust assemply paste on the heater and skin fitting though.

Edited by NMEA

Perfectly acceptable and I have recently fitted a couple in such areas, it is now particularly safe as the new OEM kits we use come with the one piece gas tight exhaust tube and silencer, use some exhaust assemply paste on the heater and skin fitting though.

Many thanks NMEAcheers.gif I will use some exhaust paste On the pre wired loom, there is a wire labelled blower matrix. Blue and black wire. What do I do with this wire? Take it it's part of a vehicle loom, can I leave it disconnected? Where can you buy the exhaust sleeve/ wrap?

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?

If you don't want to use a matrix just insulate it, it triggers a matrix fan power relay but only when the heater coolant has got hot enough to work, so you don't get cold air blowing out. Generally a narrowboat loom does not have that facility. You can get the exhaust sleeving from Ebay. By the way if this is something you have cobbled together or an Ebay special ex vehicle unit with the separate non gas tight silencer then I would not fit one in the area you propose.

If you don't want to use a matrix just insulate it, it triggers a matrix fan power relay but only when the heater coolant has got hot enough to work, so you don't get cold air blowing out. Generally a narrowboat loom does not have that facility. You can get the exhaust sleeving from Ebay. By the way if this is something you have cobbled together or an Ebay special ex vehicle unit with the separate non gas tight silencer then I would not fit one in the area you propose.

It is from Ebay. The silencer supplied in the kit, is, as you can see is crudely made by crimping. Would it be safe if I bought the gas tight silencer? Like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22MM-MARINE-AIRTIGHT-EXHAUST-SILENCER-FOR-EBERSPACHER-WEBASTO-DIESEL-HEATER/121485767187?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3D16e698cf2e654710945ac83be7d344d0%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D111490835854

webasto_zpsstrdbmy8.jpg

Webasto1_zpslmq6ulfu.jpg

Many thanks. James.

Edited by canals are us?

No, because I have tested one and it leaked, was made from cheap ali and it will introduce another two joints to the system, one of the guys on the YBW forum bought one and that leeaked too. You can either buy the right kit for the job or not, you already seem to have gone down the not route with the rest of it so why not just buy one of those cheap ones and hope for the best. Not that Iwould consider it myself, either on any of by own boats or customers ones.

Thanks for the infocheers.gif

I am asking as I want it right as best as I can, so asking someone with experience of these things. I take it from what you say the silencer and exhaust tube is all in one piece, hence 2 joins, one on heater, other on skin fitting?

If you can recommend where I can buy the new gastight silencer with exhaust then it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks. James.

Edited by canals are us?

Many thanks MNEA for your advice and linkcheers.gif

I have installed the webasto boiler and tested it for 2 hours with doors open just to see if it works. It certainly does! Had it running for around 2 hours.

I am not going to use it now due to the leaky exhaust and lethal fumes from the unsealed silencer.

I am going away shortly for Christmas and New Year. In the mean time I'll use my multifuel stove only and on my return I'll order the Mukini gas tight silencer kit and install. At some point I'll fit a genuine frost stat, saved your link on the other thread you replied to.

Have a Great Christmas and a Happy New Year NMEA.

Jamescheers.gif