Phenolic Board - Birch Core or Chinese Mesh?

Featured Posts

Does anyone have any experience of Chinese mesh ply board?

I just called a local timber merchant to ask if they had phenolic board in stock and he said they carry this stuff at £48 for an 8' x 4' sheet. That seemed much cheaper than I remember paying for pehnolic board some years ago and questioned if he was quoting me for the right stuff. He told me it is not the "birch core" board that is a lot more expensive at around £78 a sheet and is available on order

My instinct tells me I want the birch core stuff but I thought I would ask the experts of the forum before I potentially shell out more money than I need to.

This will be used on the tread surfaces of the steps at the bow in Python's hold which is not going to be open to the elements all the time but will get very wet on occasions, must be non slip and very tough.

Aha! And now I know what the boards on my bow locker are made of. An odd looking mesh board which looks exactly the same as recently googled pictures of Phenolic board. I had no idea it existed and was going to replace with marine ply.

Aha! And now I know what the boards on my bow locker are made of. An odd looking mesh board which looks exactly the same as recently googled pictures of Phenolic board. I had no idea it existed and was going to replace with marine ply.

Every day is a school day :)

This forum is great ain't it? :)

I thought you had already queried how to cut phenolic ply in another thread.

if not then I must be losing it.

......... DUHH!! it was someone else. rolleyes.gif

Mistaken identity I am afraid