Isuzu engine warning

Ogdon

Featured Posts

Quick pointer people not with boat myself but girlfriend tells me she had engine running and the warning sound came on . When you put the key in the ignition it makes a high pitched whistle until you start the engine apparently this noise started up whilst engine was running any help really appreciated .

Thanks

The only two possible 'alarms' I can think of are :

1) Ignition

2) Oil pressure

Can she check if :

1) The ignition light is 'on' whilst the engine is running ?

2) Is the fan belt still in place (and tight) ?

3) Do you have an oil pressure gauge - what is the 'normal' pressure - is it showing that pressure ?

4) Is there oil in the bilge ?

5) is there oil in the engine ? - check dip-stick

• Greenie 1

If there is no water in the bilge or anywhere obvious, check the oil - look under the filler cap and look on the dip-stick.

Does the oil look 'cloudy / milky / emulsified' ?

Ooh err Alan don't go there had head gasket go on my car twice due to faulty EMU and no temp gauge £ 2.5 K Ouch ! What a wonderful description of the word assume . Your help and input is greatly appreciated , just hope now we haven't got a cracked head or block oh how these things spiral

Edited by Ogdon

When your topping up with water, pre-mix the antifreeze and water before pouring it in. If you just keep topping up with water it will dilute the coolant which will get weaker and then possibly freeze. I recommend distilled or rain water rather than tap water.

When your topping up with water, pre-mix the antifreeze and water before pouring it in. If you just keep topping up with water it will dilute the coolant which will get weaker and then possibly freeze. I recommend distilled or rain water rather than tap water.

Or just permanent cooling-liquid, which is supposed to keep the cooling system rust free at the same time.

Peter.

You could also spend the princely sum of £2 for a simple tester for measuring the strength (concentration) of your coolant/antifreeze.

It is not wise to mix certain types of coolants as it can cause a grit like substance to form so if in doubt use the universal stuff or indeed change it all as it has a finite life.

You could also spend the princely sum of £2 for a simple tester for measuring the strength (concentration) of your coolant/antifreeze.

It is not wise to mix certain types of coolants as it can cause a grit like substance to form so if in doubt use the universal stuff or indeed change it all as it has a finite life.

Hmmm, sound advice Chewy, but we're talking about someone who currently doesn't even check coolant levels or recognise the overheat alarm! ;)

Hmmm, sound advice Chewy, but we're talking about someone who currently doesn't even check coolant levels or recognise the overheat alarm! wink.png

Good point, maybe I should have started at the basics before moving on to advanced stuff, so here goes :-

It is strongly advised to check coolant and oil levels before starting a cold engine (daily check) and also to turn the greaser screw one turn at the end of everyday and to empty the bilge from time to time to avoid wet feet.