Recognise these windows?

Featured Posts

They look like Channelglaze to me, based on ones we used to have, (1995 boat) - though locking mechanism on top drop back vents differs from what we had.

Ours actually had Channelglaze etched into the glass, so looking closely might confirm it.

Was going to suggest Caldwells, like our old ones, but on closer inspection, I think probably not. Ours still had Caldwell stickers on the inside at the top of the frame in the centre.

Give Suzanna at Channel Glaze a ring, or drop her an email - they are a really helpful company and I am sure they will recognise their stuff.

[suzanna@channelglaze.com]

Ha ha! I think between you we've just about got everyone mentioned. Thanks for your input. I'll follow up your leads. They're perfectly good windows but someone has buffed them and lost half the gold anodising.

I've made some enquiries and my preferred paint man says the windows have got to come out so I'm thinking re-anodising might be on the cards. It depends how much new would cost.

We recently replaced five of that style (one bathroom) with ones from Caldwells in Wigan. Our old ones were 30 years old but looked shabby, some catches were broken and two panes were badly scratched.

The new ones cost around £750 including sealing strip. Bear in mind whilst the new ones are exactly the same horizontal and vertical sizes the new ones were about 6mm deeper in section and so replacements may not possibly fit without reducing the interior window woodwork. This was a relatively easy job.