Langley Mill Boatyard

Featured Posts

Langley Mill Boatyard was established in the 1970's on a newly restored section of the Southern end of the Cromford Canal.

Since then it has gone from strength to strength, and grown from it's humble beginnings. Pete Newman, as the last of the original directors has decided to retire from the Company, and as such the company is now under new management with myself, Vikki, my wife and my father, forum member hughc as new company directors.

We provide moorings, and a DIY drydock available to rent.

Our website is now live,

www.langleymillboatyard.co.uk and we are taking bookings for drydock and winter moorings!

If you haven't been up the Erewash before, I recommend a trip up, and why not tie it in with a few days stop at the top, and a quick blacking!

Our contact details are on the website, and for those on social media, we can be found on Twitter and Facebook.

We look forward to welcoming you, and if you're lucky, Vikki will have a freshly baked cake in the office!

Kind Regards

Dan

• 7 months later...

Blimey, it's been 7 months since we took over the yard!

We've slowly been making improvements, mainly around the dry dock area, with new safety features installed, and new LED lighting. Further improvements will be rolled out imminently. 

We have also been getting 5 star reviews on our Facebook page,

"The Dry dock has been vastly improved with safety rails and safe access bridges for boarding the boat"

"The dock was very clean and tidy"

"A great welcome, lots of help and advice with a real family atmosphere"

"If its a long time since you have visited Langley Mill Boat yard then don't leave it to long before you visit again. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised. The facilities are updating daily and the customer service is excellent"

"The directors are very approachable and helpful in every way. It's just what this lovely little boat yard has been in need of for many years"

We still have a few gaps in the dry dock calendar, with DIY prices starting at £35 per day, and bitumen blacking from £7.50 per ft. We aim to be competitively priced without skimping on quality. Don't hesitate to contact the office on 01773 760758 if you are looking for dock space.

Don't take our word for it though, with the IWA festival at Ilkeston in August and the ECPDA rally at Langley Mill next year, the Erewash canal is now more popular than ever and we look forward to welcoming you "at the top"!

We also do coal, Gas, pump outs and diesel, and can also source basic chandlery items if you find yourself "caught short".

Kind Regards

Dan

www.langleymillboatyard.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/lmboatyard/

18528002_10154474447190887_1325295530243794935_n.jpg.e268bc1a8574457c75527aab796ff1cc.jpg

17629818_437098796628015_7755984209496879437_n.jpg.813e02d93a34160d8bbf6e0bfb11708b.jpg

I used to visit the Langley Mill basin when we lived in Heanor a few years ago. I think a chap called Peter ran it then, he was well thought of and the basin was a calm oasis in a rather sad and slightly dodgy area. I hope that you are equally successful.

Thanks Athy,

Pete did indeed used to run it. We are still a rather calm oasis however the area is subject to a lot of regeneration at the moment, with new properties and businesses springing up almost daily!

We also aim to keep the yard as it always has been, a traditional working boatyard, as we feel that is what it is best at!

Kind regards

Dan

• 4 months later...