Petter PH1 Hand Starting

Swinder09

Featured Posts

I have a Petter PH1 engine, it's an old thing but runs cleanly, previously removed from a one ton dumper. Due to its age and probably its previous life it is not fitted with an electrical starting system so needs to be hand started. The hand starting however seems strange as the engine will start easily 9 times out of 10 when cold, but is a nightmare if just run and is still warm. Just wondered if this was normal of all hand started engines.

I have a Petter PH1 engine, it's an old thing but runs cleanly, previously removed from a one ton dumper. Due to its age and probably its previous life it is not fitted with an electrical starting system so needs to be hand started. The hand starting however seems strange as the engine will start easily 9 times out of 10 when cold, but is a nightmare if just run and is still warm. Just wondered if this was normal of all hand started engines.

My first boat was hand start only with a Lister LR2 which always started with ease when warm so I doubt its normal of all ahnd start engines.

Tim