The Barley Mow, Newbold

jellybeano

Featured Posts

Just had a very nice meal at The Barley Mow, first time we have been in there, since taken over by Kelly and Simon in 2013. Lots of changes to the layout of the pub, all very friendly, welcoming and pleasant. Definitely on our list for next time we are passing.

I echo everything you just said.

Friendly staff, good menu and they welcome doggies!

If I'm boating in that direction I allow for a half day stop at Newbold and The Barlow Mow is a major reason (praise indeed from an ex publican with 5pubs under his belt)

In fact just yesterday I went out of my way to drive through Newbold.

I took a walk along the tow path and then popped in for a coffee.

I was in the Barley Mow this year and thought it was much improved since the arrival of the new owners.

I still miss the Boat - it was nice to have a choice of pubs right on the wharf.

The Crown in the village had just been refurbished and seemed ok as well. One problem was that the chip shop opposite (which I had always thought was a good one) had closed.

• Greenie 1

Is the Barley Mow the pub that now offers boaters the hire the use of one of their baths? I read a few years ago that a couple had taken over a pub around that area and had installed some so as to give boaters the chance to have a good soak as a change from showering.

Is the Barley Mow the pub that now offers boaters the hire the use of one of their baths? I read a few years ago that a couple had taken over a pub around that area and had installed some so as to give boaters the chance to have a good soak as a change from showering.

Yes you can rent a bath.

Just had a very nice meal at The Barley Mow, first time we have been in there, since taken over by Kelly and Simon in 2013. Lots of changes to the layout of the pub, all very friendly, welcoming and pleasant. Definitely on our list for next time we are passing.

Sounds expensive to me.

One problem was that the chip shop opposite (which I had always thought was a good one) had closed.

Sorry to hear about the chippy.

:(