Webasto thermocall

bozlite

Featured Posts

Afternoon everyone

Has anyone had any experience with the text messaging controller for Webasto heaters called a Thermocall? There appear to be two versions - entry and advanced - with the latter giving options to programme the heater, I think, which might not be necessary for me. Even the 'cheap' version seems to be around £300.00 inc.vat, though. The heater's a Webasto AirTop Evo 40, by the way.

Thanks

No experience with that one in particular...but have fitted a similar Alde controller to someone's caravan and it's a great bit of kit...he just texts his caravan to turn heating on, set temps of heating and hot water, and it texts him if the alarm goes off!

Not cheap tho....

Afternoon everyone

Has anyone had any experience with the text messaging controller for Webasto heaters called a Thermocall? There appear to be two versions - entry and advanced - with the latter giving options to programme the heater, I think, which might not be necessary for me. Even the 'cheap' version seems to be around £300.00 inc.vat, though. The heater's a Webasto AirTop Evo 40, by the way.

Thanks

Fitted quite a few, the basic version or even the old Thermocall 3 does all that is needed for water heaters but Your blown air Evo would be able to used the advanced features of the latest version so worth the extra, I would also recommend that you get the remote temperature sensor with it as you can then get alerts. Also check coverage for the SIM card you will be using, if your current mobile has coverage then go with that provider for a cheap PAYG one. I wouldn't bother with the SMS, the app which is downloadable for free is much easier to use.

I have a tc3 fitted, it us a really useful bit of kit so the concept is great though it sounds like you need a bit more than we did.

The one bit of advice that I would give is go to an expert to get it fitted. An ordinary boat yard with experience of fitting webasto heaters fitted ours, we then went to the excellent Steve at Kings Lock in Middlewich to get it fixed.

Fitted quite a few, the basic version or even the old Thermocall 3 does all that is needed for water heaters but Your blown air Evo would be able to used the advanced features of the latest version so worth the extra, I would also recommend that you get the remote temperature sensor with it as you can then get alerts. Also check coverage for the SIM card you will be using, if your current mobile has coverage then go with that provider for a cheap PAYG one. I wouldn't bother with the SMS, the app which is downloadable for free is much easier to use.

Thanks, that's really helpful. Are they fairly straightforward to fit? I've currently got one of these controllers:

marine-air-top-evo-m-220_47.jpg

Not too bad but there can be difficulties and the instructions are piss poor and though water heaters are easy they are not plug and play on air heaters, personally I remove the MC04 and just have the Thermocall, though they will work together. On the loom where that MC04 has one red plug and one blue plug in the back you will find another plug labled diagnostics / Thermocall, that is where the TC4 interfaces with the W-bus but after that you will have some work setting up the other plugs, it's all there but you have to insert the pins in the correct place.