stolen boat London/Herts

regthecat

Featured Posts

This just cropped up on the facebook london boaters page so I thought I'd share it here. Stolen boat from Meanwhile Gardens at Westbourne Park, london thought to be heading up Lea and Stort between Enfield and Cheshunt right now.

Met Crime number 4230607/16 call police if spotted

post-27337-0-12667100-1477571381_thumb.jpg

Edited by regthecat

It's a Fox boat, so very distinctive. Axe shaped stempost, lots of tunblehome on the cabinsides, semi circular stern. Inward bend to the top bend, inwards pinched look to the cabin by the stern.

Probably got fabricated (not cast) T stud with plate on top of a tube, fabricated dollies on stern- round plate on top of a tube. May have extra cleats formed of round bar on the gunwales.

This just cropped up on the facebook london boaters page so I thought I'd share it here. Stolen boat from Meanwhile Gardens at Westbourne Park, london thought to be heading up Lea and Stort between Enfield and Cheshunt right now.

Met Crime number 4230607/16 call police if spotted

attachicon.gif14695407_532611076948917_1122182106873726972_n.jpg

Looks like it has been found at Roydon Marina.

Tim

So is the front of the boat apparently

Tee hee.

They are our local boatbuilders and also run a hire fleet, so they are a common sight going past our house. I would put them fairly high on the list (which is headed by unladen Town Class motors) of things which you don't want to meet coming round a blind bend.

Stolen boat from Meanwhile Gardens at Westbourne Park, london thought to be heading up Lea and Stort between Enfield and Cheshunt right now.

Not the best way to carry out a boat theft - head sharply towards one of only two possible dead ends!

I bet there is a back story to this one!

I think the picture posted is from somewhere quite different - looking out across Kingfisher Marina at Yardley Gobion, possibly?

Tee hee.

They are our local boatbuilders and also run a hire fleet, so they are a common sight going past our house. I would put them fairly high on the list (which is headed by unladen Town Class motors) of things which you don't want to meet coming round a blind bend.

Well put it this way, if I met a Foxes boat (almost) head on I suspect I'd come off worse. I don't think I'm scary; I always fear for my rivets.

Northwiches are scarier than Woolwiches.

Not the best way to carry out a boat theft - head sharply towards one of only two possible dead ends!

I bet there is a back story to this one!

I think the picture posted is from somewhere quite different - looking out across Kingfisher Marina at Yardley Gobion, possibly?

when I first saw the photo I immediately thought Whilton.

Well put it this way, if I met a Foxes boat (almost) head on I suspect I'd come off worse. I don't think I'm scary; I always fear for my rivets.

Northwiches are scarier than Woolwiches.

Having been steering a Northwich and met a Royalty at a blind bridge hole I can tell you that's scary! :)

Having been steering a Northwich and met a Royalty at a blind bridge hole I can tell you that's scary! smile.png

What is all this about? They're only 7' wide, pretty much the same as every other narrowboat. They're just taller at the front. Why is that scary?

Chertsey said Northwichs were scarier than Woolwichs. I was merely going along with it and said that Royalty motors were scarier than Northwichs.

Perhaps scary isn't the word, intimidating probably works better.

When you're just about to turn in to a bridge hole on a blind bend you don't really want to see any bows coming through but when they're the size of a Royalty it just seems more imposing than if it was a Springer for example.

So is the front of the boat apparently

Indeed. My missus put her back out last year when the owner of that very boat decided to turn around outside the bow of ours. She went to the front to see what all the excessive revving was about and got out just in time to stop it caving in our cratch board and cover. I came out at that moment to see the owner emerge from the back of the boat (Wasn't at the tiller whilst in forward gear!) furiously trying to light a very pungent rollie. Way less than impressed. No button fender on that thing either, we do wonder how many tupperwares they have sunk over the years...