Unreserved Apology To GoodGurl

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

The wider forum membership will realise who of these parties are trying to do their best for the forum.

Alan's only crime was misremembering particular conversations. His interest has always been for the forum good.

It's interesting that the recipient of his very public apology remains so silent.

Frankly, I don't think this comment from a member of the forum staff is appropriate.

I have no idea what the apology relates to but it is a fulsome one and obviously Alan thought the injured party deserved as much.

It is up to that party to accept the apology or not, and to do so publicly or not. That is a matter solely for the wronged party to decide. The involvement of a staff member (taking either side) does not feel right to me.

Frank.

• Greenie 3

The wider forum membership will realise who of these parties are trying to do their best for the forum.

Alan's only crime was misremembering particular conversations. His interest has always been for the forum good. he didnt only misremember as you put it he actually put my real name on an open forum

It's interesting and very puzzling that the recipient of his very public apology remains so silent. i didnt feel the need to reply here seeing as me and alan had come to an agreement in private

• Greenie 3

Frankly, I don't think this comment from a member of the forum staff is appropriate.

I have no idea what the apology relates to but it is a fulsome one and obviously Alan thought the injured party deserved as much.

It is up to that party to accept the apology or not, and to do so publicly or not. That is a matter solely for the wronged party to decide. The involvement of a staff member (taking either side) does not feel right to me.

Frank.

this is what is wrong with the forum, staff should be impartial and not take sides

• Greenie 1

Alan's only crime was misremembering particular conversations. His interest has always been for the forum good.

It's interesting and very puzzling that the recipient of his very public apology remains so silent.

Could not Alan's apology just have been left as it was without you stiring ?

Well done Alan, very few people would be willing to do that.

Edited by MJG

Alan's only crime was misremembering particular conversations. His interest has always been for the forum good. he didnt only misremember as you put it he actually put my real name on an open forum

It's interesting and very puzzling that the recipient of his very public apology remains so silent. i didnt feel the need to reply here seeing as me and alan had come to an agreement in private

Yes sorry, edited now got carried away

A very public and full apology, and respect to Mr Fincher.

But surely it should not be forgotten that the apology was needed because Good Gurl's revelation along with Paul's, were the more accurate information. Many thanks to them along with Mr Norman, Mr Carlt and Mr Boilerman, for working for improvement and change here, not just giving up on the old place.

Again, respect to Mr Fincher.

Rog

PS And some of us are still waiting for an announcement from the owner of the way forward.

Edited by dogless
  • Greenie 3

He's done the minimum he needed to do but I think the greenies are a little over the top! ........ I reckon interflora and a good dinner out are in order! :judge:

I think there are a lot of folk on here (and elsewhere) who simply can't admit they made a mistake. They will bluff and bluster and huff and puff, anything to avoid an admission of error. At least Alan can actually see and admit the error of his ways and apologise for them. Although, did he actually apologise for outing GG's real name? I think he forgot that bit.

Its not really that public. It needs pinning! ....... or we keep commenting and make it a hot topic! biggrin.png

I think there are a lot of folk on here (and elsewhere) who simply can't admit they made a mistake. They will bluff and bluster and huff and puff, anything to avoid an admission of error. At least Alan can actually see and admit the error of his ways and apologise for them. Although, did he actually apologise for outing GG's real name? I think he forgot that bit.

Yes its plain to see. Even in the short time I've been on.

He's done the minimum he needed to do but I think the greenies are a little over the top! ........ I reckon interflora and a good dinner out are in order! :judge:

I personally don't think giving Alan a greenie is over the top.

It is a good person that can admit he has made a mistake and an even better one to admit this in public and offer a full and genuine apology on a public forum.

Greenies are well deserved.

And by extension, Alan's obvious willingness to admit when he's wrong (not the first time he's done so on here IIRC) and apologise unreservedly adds considerable weight and credibility to the other stuff he says on here, if/when he stands by what he says if/when challenged.

Greenie from me too.