Unreserved Apology To GoodGurl

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Would she or Lady Cassandra be happy if you posted their real names here in an open forum?

Not everyone wants their real name to be kept private, but do you need to respect the wishes of those that do (sometimes for very good reasons, as explained above)

ETA: Good to see some sort of apology, but certain influential individuals here are being as stingy with the truth as possible.

I don't have an issue with it at all. You're welcome to use my real name. It's been splattered across the internet many, many times over, mostly by me, and, so, isn't a problem. Frankly, it's the work of seconds to find it out. What you will never know, though, is my secret name. Consider this ....

But above and beyond there's still one name left over,

And that is the name that you never will guess;

The name that no human research can discover

But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.

When you notice a cat in profound meditation,

The reason, I tell you, is always the same:

His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation

Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:

His ineffable effable

Effanineffable

Deep and inscrutable singular Name.

Edited by wrigglefingers

Unfortunately you're speculating from the outside, from a position of no knowledge. Obviously I can't and won't say exactly what moderator action has been taken, bit I can say that we're treating this seriously, and that no-one gets special treatment.

Well he's still posting today so obviously he's not on the norty step, probably just a little wrist slap. smile.png

I bet Alan won't tell what action was taken either.

I don't have an issue with it at all. You're welcome to use my real name. It's been splattered across the internet many, many times over, mostly by me, and, so, isn't a problem. Frankly, it's the work of seconds to find it out. What you will never know, though, is my secret name. Consider this ....

That's fine but if you had a violent ex partner you were trying to avoid seeing again, would you have the same outlook?

Also Dan reported that a disgruntled forum member got hold of a moderators phone number.

Edited by smileypete

That's fine but if you had a violent ex partner you were trying to avoid seeing again, would you have the same outlook?

I do. Eleven years of domestic abuse followed by another ten years of stalking. Thanks for asking.

Edited by wrigglefingers

I find the whole affair incredibly distasteful and vulgar.

From the 'let's try to persuade Dan....' ( an extremely worrying form of words inferring that Dan is a some sort of suggestable idiot, which I'm sure is not the case) bit, to the naming of GG and more or less all points in between.

Who exactly is running this forum, Dan and a team Moderators or a select few members having cosy chats amongst themselves about who to get banned and how to do it.

V. Poor, 3 (three) demerits. No greenie from me.

• Greenie 1

Sorry i seem to have lost the plot here, there is an allegation doing the rounds that some members were barred (for life?) with no warning on the basis that they were considered to be a nuisance rather than for any recent posts or breach of rules in a purge lasting a week or so in July.

This would be a breach of forum policy/rules and rather than debate how the list was drawn up it would be good to hear from the management whether the allegations are true and if so what steps (in general terms no names no pack drill) is being done to address the issues and review the bans.

We also have numerous threads closed with no reason given a few days ago, still shut.

Plus we have requests and suggestions as to how it might be achieved to reopen the current affairs section with no response as yet.

Edited by Phoenix_V

I find the whole affair incredibly distasteful and vulgar.

From the 'let's try to persuade Dan....' ( an extremely worrying form of words inferring that Dan is a some sort of suggestable idiot, which I'm sure is not the case) bit, to the naming of GG and more or less all points in between.

Who exactly is running this forum, Dan and a team Moderators or a select few members having cosy chats amongst themselves about who to get banned and how to do it.

V. Poor, 3 (three) demerits. No greenie from me.

i can easily provide evidence of who said what and when BUT only with the permission of the poster which i doubt will be forth coming.

Edited by GoodGurl

i can quite categorically provide evidence of who said what and when BUT only with the permission of the poster which i doubt will be forth coming.

Frankly I'm disinterested in conducting a witch-hunt. I just want it fixed please.

• Greenie 1

Frankly I'm disinterested in conducting a witch-hunt. I just want it fixed please.

Can you be clearer please?

What in detail would count for you as 'fixed'?

There are plenty of complaints on here about stuff being wring but few people (if any) are saying what they would like to happen to 'fix it'.

There are plenty of complaints on here about stuff being wring but few people (if any) are saying what they would like to happen to 'fix it'.

bans reviewed independently, threads unlocked or good reason given, current affairs section reinstated, transparent fair moderating going forward - many suggestions here.

i can quite categorically provide evidence of who said what and when BUT only with the permission of the poster which i doubt will be forth coming.

No you cannot categorically provide evidence - to be able to do that you have to be able to provide it without exceptions or conditions; absolute;unqualified and unconditional

Which means you have no evidence to provide to the forum

Isn't it time to stop this now?

Let the forum develop, hopefully in a positive way using some of the positive suggestions already put forward

• Greenie 2

Phoenix V's suggestions would be seem to be a fair starting point Mike, but in the final analysis only Dan along with the moderating team can make any decisions going forward, and that's the way it should be...

Isn't it time to stop this now?

Let the forum develop, hopefully in a positive way using some of the positive suggestions already put forward

She has no evidence to put forward so I would suggest can be ignored until she has evidence to put forward

No you cannot categorically provide evidence - to be able to do that you have to be able to provide it without exceptions or conditions; absolute;unqualified and unconditional

Which means you have no evidence to provide to the forum

edited, better?

Phoenix V's suggestions would be seem to be a fair starting point Mike, but in the final analysis only Dan along with the moderating team can make any decisions going forward, and that's the way it should be...

Yes but it is only fair on Dan for us to be clear about what we are asking for.

So we are asking for:

1) Bans to be reviewed independently

2) Threads unlocked or good reason given

3) Current affairs section to be reinstated

4) Transparent fair moderating going forward (Whatever that means - anyone care to expand on the details of 'transparent and fair'?)

Anything else, anyone?

Any changes to the Forum Rules and Guidelines?

Yes but it is only fair on Dan for us to be clear about what we are asking for.

So we are asking for:

1) Bans to be reviewed independently

2) Threads unlocked or good reason given

3) Current affairs section to be reinstated

4) Transparent fair moderating going forward (Whatever that means - anyone care to expand on the details of 'transparent and fair'?)

Anything else, anyone?

Any changes to the Forum Rules and Guidelines?

Fair enough i was trying to be brief and to the point.

With regard to moderating going forward there has already been a lot of discussion on here and the best points made by carlt and others can be picked over.

The forum rules and guidelines could well do with being simplified. Perhaps a topic by itself.

Edited by Phoenix_V

I'm not sure about that Mike. I'm wary because I don't think that I have been asked about the above and don't want to commit to something I have not thought about in the detail you have.

For example rather than it being agreed that CA is reinstated I would like a discussion first about whether it is moderated or not.

I would also need to read up on the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

And, I think, allow more time for the site owner and crew to respond to the allegations that have been made before anything else is put forward.

Val

Is it just me, or is it slightly worrying that the members who may or may not have been involved in the banning of forum members, even if as background noise, wish us to forget all that has passed and 'move on'.

To be specific, on a personal level, I would WISH that all members are sufficiently mature and responsible to be trusted to self moderate.

As mature individuals, I would WISH that they may discuss whatsoever they choose.

I would WISH that there were sufficient moderators that shifts were short and not solitary.

I would WISH that nothing was deleted without a personal message to the originator being initiated explaining the reason.

I would WISH that no thread was ever locked, unless no other possible remedy was available.

I would WISH that no member AT ALL receives, or can be perceived to receive preferential treatment.

I would WISH that everyone who so chooses, gets a voice here, wether I or anyone else disagrees or not.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Rog

couldnt have put it better Rog cheers.gif

Rick