Tamworth Cruising Club (TCC)

Featured Posts

Tamworth Cruising Club

www.tamworthcruisingclub.org.uk

email:- tamworthcruisingclub@gmail.com

TCC is one of the oldest inland waterways cruising clubs, located at Bridge 74,
Coventry Canal, Kettlebrook, Tamworth, Staffs. B77 1BS

We have typical club facilities incl clubhouse, licensed bar, emergency slipway,
elsan point, non-res. moorings (incl temp. and winter moorings when space available)

and a busy social calendar.

• 1 year later...

Correction to email address, now:-tamworthcruisingclub@gmail.com.

Apologies if anyone has tried the old address (accessing it was a faff) so we elected to change it so that the secretary (whoever that would be at the time) could get access from anywhere!!

MOORING RATES VERY COMPETETIVE

It's an old sign that has sadly become meaningless. You wouldn't believe the amount of boats (eyes forrard and caps on backwards) that speed through that bridge'ole only to encounter Glascote locks when rounding the bend. I WILL bring it up with Committee and add a reminder to the next newsletter. There's no excuse, hopefully things will change. Thanks for the heads-up.

She has a tiny leak from the stbd diesel tank (built into the swim) into the cabin bilge 'under' the overplating. Caused by removing a repair patch covering porous steel, before the overplate, without first dealing with the weep present. I was going to fit plastic tanks, but easier I think to cut/weld repair. This plus OHs failing health which gave me little opportunity to get work done. Hoping this year will see this job done so refit can restart. Once watertight, new mahogany handrails, paint and BSCd etc is likely to see her on brokerage early-mid 2019 ..8^(

5 hours ago, OldGoldy said:

It's an old sign that has sadly become meaningless. You wouldn't believe the amount of boats (eyes forrard and caps on backwards) that speed through that bridge'ole only to encounter Glascote locks when rounding the bend. I WILL bring it up with Committee and add a reminder to the next newsletter. There's no excuse, hopefully things will change. Thanks for the heads-up.

If you are suggesting that the sign be removed, that would be a shame. But more smiles and waves is always a good idea!

• 3 weeks later...