Training course for BMC 1500 maintainance

watcher

Featured Posts

RCR did have a running BMC 1.5 or 1.8 plus 4 cylinder Beta and 2 cylinder Vetus for practical work and I surmise they still do but check. When I ran the course it was far from a 1.5/1.8 maintenance course because it had to cover all engines. I used to try to get people to work on the appropriate engine for their boat however such work was not much more than change oil filter (we discussed changing the oil, change fuel filters and bleed system, change/clean air cleaner (as appropriate), remove, inspect and refit fan belt, adjust valve clearances, and if people require it change Jabsco impeller. with three or four running engines each task was undertaken by a group of three or four.

As the notes will show it covered far more than that. From reports I got from students who had previously done a maintenance course run by a number of the national organisation's franchisees I had every reason to believe it was a far superior course. I can not give any indication what the course is now like but hopefully some forum members have recently done it and can comment.

• 4 weeks later...

I did the course a couple of years ago with Keith Duffy and found it invaluable -still using Tony's notes with some additions (and acknowledgments!) Already saved double the cost by doing servicing, minor works etc that I wouldn't have been able to do prior. Thoroughly recommend it.

• 1 month later...

I attended one of Tony's last engine & electrics courses back in 2012, well worth attending and I see no reason why they wouldn't be just as useful now. There is always the option of RCR servicing your engine and taking you through everything, other servicing companies/engineers available.