Water Cans and Handbowls

pete harrison

Featured Posts

A very nice can Anthony The decoration looks like Ron's work, but the daisys are not quite right. is it Ron's or a competent copy?

Thank you David, but sadly not Ron. It's the can shown in grey primer earlier in this thread now Christine (my much better half) has had at it.

Ron gave her a lot of encouragement and advice, as he did to many people.

Anthony

Hopefully not all modern ones:

32701115336_ae7a7b2076_b.jpg

Whether they are economically viable or not is another matter though.

As for small cans, we've got one not much bigger than billy can that has some considerable age - quite easily 100 years in the opinion of those qualified to comment. As for it's original purpose though, I have no idea.

Anthony

No your cans are nice and everything i would want from a can near identical to our old cans we use to have.

But if i told the wife i was spending £200 on a can she wouldnt let it on the roof or if it got knocked in or hit on a bridge to dropped ect i dint think it would go down well but a £40 can i could get away with. But thats the only reason for not spending the money. Same with my stacks and chimney.

I cant fit a 3 gallon on the roof unless i sit it mostly on the slide or 1/2 down the cabin but the 2 just fits or the 1 gallon sits perfect on the roof.

Edited by billybobbooth

Why would anybody want a Can taking up space inside the cabin when there are Cans on the cabin top ! I have certainly never heard of a 'Cabin Can', and the only time I have put a Can in the cabin is when I have left the boats laid up or during the coldest nights of winter to stop them from freezing.

Small Cans of 1 gallon or less were / are produced for the tourist trade, but each to their own and if somebody wants to use these Cans inside the cabin then that is up to them captain.gif

I do indeed find it useful although I admit that I only have to go into the back end to fill it from the 2 x 100 gallon tanks I've got there :-)

I do indeed find it useful although I admit that I only have to go into the back end to fill it from the 2 x 100 gallon tanks I've got there :-)

If you have gone for on board water tanks in the back end why not just run a pipe into the back cabin and fit it with a hand pump, perhaps fitted under the counter somewhere. This would save you having to go outside to fill your 'cabin can' captain.gif

Edited by pete harrison

If you have gone for on board water tanks in the back end why not just run a pipe into the back cabin and fit it with a hand pump, perhaps fitted under the counter somewhere. This would save you having to go outside to fill your 'cabin can' captain.gif

If you had a hand pump in the back cabin, surely it would be better connected to a barrel of beer.

• Greenie 1

Thank you David, but sadly not Ron. It's the can shown in grey primer earlier in this thread now Christine (my much better half) has had at it.

Ron gave her a lot of encouragement and advice, as he did to many people.

Anthony

Well that's really rather nice. Does she fancy doing that one I have abandoned at yours for me? (I dread to think what your storage charges are going to be after all these years! smile.png )

P.S Refleks now fixed - I put it down to dodgy installation rather than operator error

Well that's really rather nice. Does she fancy doing that one I have abandoned at yours for me? (I dread to think what your storage charges are going to be after all these years! smile.png )

P.S Refleks now fixed - I put it down to dodgy installation rather than operator error

I'm sure she would. I'll give you a ring.

Good news about the Refleks - did you fit it as well then?laugh.png

One of the Alfas must need fixing ( again)

As long as its not a 156 haha i use to work for alfa years ago if you own a 156 there is no point even locking the doors. You dont need any tools to get into a locked 156.

Oh that's much too complicated. Thinking of doing something like that into the hold though.

post-5573-0-91717800-1486654567_thumb.jpg..I have something like that in Progress - picture attached..its a nice idea - sans bucket! smile.png , but stops you being able to sit directly opposite the stove - or to have 2 people sit there so I am considering taking it out..

..also have a shower! between bed ole and engine that means the bed runs length ways ( and has to be put up and down) so considering taking that out also and putting a bed 'ole back in...just need to find a proper sized handbowl first! smile.png

Edited by rivergate