BCN Challenge details released.

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Most important question of all- where's the nearest Wetherspoons to Gas St for a very very large cheap pre challenge breakfast?

Lucinda Lister has decided that the refinement of water cooling is too modern and she would much rather become air cooled. RLWP has laid on the magic hands and we shall see how she behaves tomorrow. 

If not, what are the bonus points for rowing a boat?

2 minutes ago, FadeToScarlet said:

Most important question of all- where's the nearest Wetherspoons to Gas St for a very very large cheap pre challenge breakfast?

Lucinda Lister has decided that the refinement of water cooling is too modern and she would much rather become air cooled. RLWP has laid on the magic hands and we shall see how she behaves tomorrow. 

Two Wetherspoons on Broad Street.

The breakfast in Cao in much nicer.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

Two Wetherspoons on Broad Street.

The breakfast in Cao in much nicer.

Evening, First Officer Manning.

Where is that? Typoland? Maybe we will have to try it on Friday morning. I am just packing the essentials;-

Digestives - check

Fig Rolls - check

Garibaldis - check

Tunnocks Tea Cakes - check 

Tunnocks Caramel Wafers - check

Emergency cans of Goose Island IPA in case BCNS beer runs out - check

Emergency cans of Brew Dog Punk IPA in case emergency cans of Goose Island IPA run out - check

Tub of Pistachios - check

Token piece of fruit - check

Chief Steward Dugdale is bringing some proper food for meals. Can't imagine I will be hungry.

JP

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Dave_P said:

But does Cau open in time?

Not if you want breakfast before 9am, will be ok for Friday before the final positioning move as they open at 8am during the week.

10 hours ago, RLWP said:

Clarrie spotted between Willow and Tawny Owl at Hockley Heath. All the best BCN Challenges start at Hockley Heath

Richard

Rubbish!

All the best Challengers start from Lapworth. 

(And then head South to Margaretness on the Thames)

'Red Wharf' currently descending the Atherstone Flight heading for our super secret starting position. 

(Same place as last year for those wanting sabotage sized gin cocktails tomorrow night)

12 hours ago, FadeToScarlet said:

Birmingham has several proper pubs and eating places so there is no need to find a 'spoons.

Sitting outside the Cafe Bar, right next to the bar, would be a rather nice place for breakfast.

Anyway aren't you too young for the 'spoons, I thought you had to be a pensioner:D.

...............Dave

or you could even have breakfast on a boat (half way between the bar and old turn) but I think its not open till 9 which is a bit late for the BCN challenge start. You could always do a loop or two then have a quick breakfast stop.

...............Dave

The advantages of the spoons brekkie is that it's cheap, the food is ok, it opens early.

The downside is being surrounded by alcoholics downing pints at the crack of dawn, the the tables being still sticky from the night before.

35 minutes ago, Dave_P said:

The advantages of the spoons brekkie is that it's cheap, the food is ok, it opens early.

The downside is being surrounded by alcoholics downing pints at the crack of dawn, the the tables being still sticky from the night before.

You should read the in house magazine sometime

Richard

Ok so Carpe Vinum will be heading out from Lady Lane tomorrow morning heading to Birmingham, hopefully I will find a mooring by NIA and we will set off on Saturday around that area :)

My Only Issue is the kegs may warm throughout the day and therefore we may get a fair bit of frothy beer so bear with me.

Now for the important stuff The line up is as follows

PUNK IPA Clone 19 Litres on tap 6.2%

Sonja Blueberry Double IPA 19 litres on tap 7.6%

Totally tropical approx. 6 litres on tap or maybe ill bottle it if time permits 7.4%

IPA Jackhammer Clone approx. 5 litres again on tap or maybe if time permits bottle 5.6%

Bonus

B Sides Melon & Cucumber Pale Ale about 7 500 ml bottle

Summer Lightning session Ale 3.7% about 12 500ml bottles

Spirits Various (all home made of course)

So for those who are about tomorrow come say hello and maybe have a taster, all I ask is a couple of things any empty bottles please return to me if possible and again if possible make a donation to the charity for this year (either to me on the day or vis the just giving page)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/BCNS2017

Most of all everyone have a great time see you all around about the weekend

14 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

Evening, First Officer Manning.

Where is that? Typoland? Maybe we will have to try it on Friday morning. I am just packing the essentials;-

Digestives - check

Fig Rolls - check

Garibaldis - check

Tunnocks Tea Cakes - check 

Tunnocks Caramel Wafers - check

Emergency cans of Goose Island IPA in case BCNS beer runs out - check

Emergency cans of Brew Dog Punk IPA in case emergency cans of Goose Island IPA run out - check

Tub of Pistachios - check

Token piece of fruit - check

Chief Steward Dugdale is bringing some proper food for meals. Can't imagine I will be hungry.

JP

See my last post few of the above are on my line up ;)

We have just arrived in Birmingham, watched by 2 policemen with machine guns outside the Barclaycard Arena, sad sign of the times.  

Moored on the Oozells St loop, currently room for one more, space both sides of the Main Line.

6 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Yes it was a typo, should be CAU.

Where's the coffee..?

I googled Cao and found that. I did wonder if that's where you meant but it didn't mention breakfast on their homepage.

The coffee is already aboard. 34 espresso shots will be available to keep us going.

17 minutes ago, Kustomcut said:

See my last post few of the above are on my line up ;)

I am hoping to try some. Nothing will go to waste.

Edited by Captain Pegg

1 hour ago, Dave_P said:

We went for breakfast at the one at Merry Hill, we stopped in the night before and asked what time they opened for breakfast, 8am but she was really sorry that they did not start serving alcohol until 9am.

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

You should read the in house magazine sometime

Richard

Sadly, I have.  A full english with a side order of vitriolic, jingoistic propaganda please bar-keep.