I thought we weren't allowed to sleep.

You need to join a better crew

3 minutes ago, Starcoaster said:

The unicorn shared the bed, the monkeys had the floor. :D

Quite right. He's not allowed on the furniture

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I thought we weren't allowed to sleep.

Last year you didn't want to stop!

Anyway you will have a bed. Just a shame for you it's on the mezzanine immediately above the engine.

Edited by Captain Pegg

Ange, it would be lovely to see you, Dave and Milly. The weather is looking good for the challenge, might need to put some more beer in the fridge.  Getting excited now, the boat is on her way up to the Birmingham level, crew meet ups have been arranged and the bunting is organised. 

11 minutes ago, Little Else said:

Ange, it would be lovely to see you, Dave and Milly. The weather is looking good for the challenge, might need to put some more beer in the fridge.  Getting excited now, the boat is on her way up to the Birmingham level, crew meet ups have been arranged and the bunting is organised. 

All sounds too well organized 

:)

1 minute ago, RLWP said:

Let's start one

Team Tawny Owl

Red Wharf

Vulpes

Clarrie

Firefly

Richard

Helloooooooo....!

and....

"Good Afternoon Dave

We have spoken to the Third Party Works Engineer and he has confirmed that all is still as stated on our notice, 27th May at 8am for opening.  Hope this helps.

Regards

Sarah

Enquiries

West Midlands Waterway"

Recieved half an hour ago re. Pinfold Bridge.

"Good Afternoon Dave

We have spoken to the Third Party Works Engineer and he has confirmed that all is still as stated on our notice, 27th May at 8am for opening.  Hope this helps.

Regards

Sarah

Pinfold Bridge I assume, can't say that I believe it givent the number of time they have extended the closure.  Why open at 8am on a Sat, and not at 4pm on the Friday anyway?

Can anyone confirm that Brades has actually closed as planned today?

3 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Pinfold Bridge I assume, can't say that I believe it givent the number of time they have extended the closure.  Why open at 8am on a Sat, and not at 4pm on the Friday anyway?

Can anyone confirm that Brades has actually closed as planned today?

Yes, Pinfold (I did say at the bottom of my post)

Can anyone confirm that the 21 is back open?

10 minutes ago, Dave_P said:

Yes, Pinfold (I did say at the bottom of my post)

Can anyone confirm that the 21 is back open?

21 is not listed on the CRT stoppages page.

I never got a response to my email suggesting they delay closing Brades.

31 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

21 is not listed on the CRT stoppages page.

I never got a response to my email suggesting they delay closing Brades.

I emailed Ian Lane on the Brades subject, and did get a reply.  Apparently the IWA and BCNS were consulted and they did not think that it would cause any issue for the Challenge.  I guess those asked have never done the Challenge, and it is such a shame that the 50th anniversary event is spoiled by this poor timing given they closed it this morning and could easily have started it a week later.

Edited by john6767

17 minutes ago, john6767 said:

I emailed Ian Lane on the Brades subject, and did get a reply.  Apparently the IWA and BCNS were consulted and they did not think that it would cause any issue for the Challenge.  I guess those asked have never done the Challenge, and it is such a shame that the 50th anniversary event is spoiled by this poor timing given they closed it this morning and could easily have started it a week later.

Particularly as Brades is so close to the end point and would therefore be part of the plans of a lot of crews.