BCN Challenge details released.

Dave_P

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, FadeToScarlet said:

Brades is closed for a stoppage.

This is annoying because we probably won't fit down Smethwick but do fit Brades.

Smethwick will probably depend on the shape of your bows as it is very tight getting the single gate open when we take Scorpio down them. We have to pull the bows tight to the lock wall and lift all bow and stern fenders so we can get hard back against the cill.

1 minute ago, Rob-M said:

Smethwick will probably depend on the shape of your bows as it is very tight getting the single gate open when we take Scorpio down them. We have to pull the bows tight to the lock wall and lift all bow and stern fenders so we can get hard back against the cill.

Near vertical stem post...

And 72' long.

It is rather anoying that CRT could not have scheduled the switch from Factory to Brades to be the challenge weekend then both would have been open.  Outside of the challenge Brades is going to see little traffic any way, so this is really bad timing.

I've sent an email to the West Midlands team asking if they could delay the Brades stoppage until after the Bank Holiday weekend. Perhaps if a few more email in they might consider it.  I didn't notice any particular issue when I went through there a couple of weeks ago.

I'm pleased to announce that the Challenge twitter account is back, under new stewardship. Big thanks to Starcoaster for running it up until now. 

Please follow and tweet to @bcnchallenge and use the hashtag #bcnchallenge

In the past it's been a really good way to keep up with all the goings on.  Even if you're not involved in person, it's fascinating to follow what's going on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the deal is at the end? Is there a clubhouse or will it be beers sold from a marquee? Is there a pub nearby?

Just figuring whether it's worth us taking our van on it's first outing to share a few beers with the competitors and watch the boats arriving at the finish, but it's unclear from Google maps where that'll be and what facilities are available.

Cheers :)

1 hour ago, Ange said:

Does anyone know what the deal is at the end? Is there a clubhouse or will it be beers sold from a marquee? Is there a pub nearby?

Just figuring whether it's worth us taking our van on it's first outing to share a few beers with the competitors and watch the boats arriving at the finish, but it's unclear from Google maps where that'll be and what facilities are available.

Cheers :)

The end is at Titford Pump House, the BCNS HQ, I beilieve they will have their mobile bar there.

It should be good spectator sport at the end, given the end is up a flight of 6 locks that everyone will be going at the same time!

10 minutes ago, john6767 said:

The end is at Titford Pump House, the BCNS HQ, I beilieve they will have their mobile bar there.

It should be good spectator sport at the end, given the end is up a flight of 6 locks that everyone will be going at the same time!

Thanks John - sounds like it'll be worth a visit. We might even get to the bar before Laurie :D

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Take your own. You could even put a banana under it:)

I know my place in the team hierarchy and consider myself lucky not to be on the roof :)

Oh and bananas bleagh

5 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

Be thankful. I have more crew members than I have beds.

I had that problem when using my boat, Starcoaster had the bed whilst the blokes had the floor

1 minute ago, RLWP said:

I have crew members who are not allowed on the furniture

Richard

I know my place