Connecting Digital TV Aerial

Featured Posts

I'm thinking about buying one of these:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005ERD2IQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1EOUOG6WG5RK8&coliid=IUYDAROYMYK18

and it says:-

It has an integrated low-noise amplifier which can be powered either by the antenna power out option on your set top box, digital TV or even via the 12V or 24V DC power cord supplied.

My TV is 12v and uses the only socket available at the site. Is there such a thing as an adaptor that I can plug both things into before plugging into the 12v socket?

Many thanks

According to another website...

"The DTV-1000 has been specially designed for digital TV reception. It has an integrated 'low-noise' amplifier which can be powered either by the antenna 'power out' option on your set top box/digital TV or via your vehicles 12v or 24v cigarette plug/power source - using the the 12V or 24V DC power cord supplied."

If your TV is powered by a cigarette lighter type plug then you can get double adapters for these.

According to another website...

"The DTV-1000 has been specially designed for digital TV reception. It has an integrated 'low-noise' amplifier which can be powered either by the antenna 'power out' option on your set top box/digital TV or via your vehicles 12v or 24v cigarette plug/power source - using the the 12V or 24V DC power cord supplied."

If your TV is powered by a cigarette lighter type plug then you can get double adapters for these.

I never knew you could get such things. I've just googled it and found one. Thanks!

Many (most?) modern TVs provide a DC supply down the aerial lead to power pre-amps, so it is worth checking if your TV has such a function. Sometimes turning the 12 Volts on is a configurable setting.

Chris G

Edited to allow for voltages other than 12 Volts!

Edited by Batavia

Many (most?) modern TVs provide a 12 Volt supply down the aerial lead to power pre-amps, so it is worth checking if your TV has such a function. Sometimes turning the 12 Volts on is a configurable setting.

Chris G

Or 5 volts, but not the cheapo Tesco one I have.

I'm thinking about buying one of these:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005ERD2IQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1EOUOG6WG5RK8&coliid=IUYDAROYMYK18

and it says:-

It has an integrated low-noise amplifier which can be powered either by the antenna power out option on your set top box, digital TV or even via the 12V or 24V DC power cord supplied.

My TV is 12v and uses the only socket available at the site. Is there such a thing as an adaptor that I can plug both things into before plugging into the 12v socket?

Many thanks

Glad you posted that, I was going to buy one from Maplin but they are £10 more than Amazon.

We are using one of the Moonraker aerials at the moment.

It certainly seems a bit better in locations where we have previously struggled to get an entertainment signal, the old setup was a Yagi with an amplifier, though indeed on many occasions a small mag mount stub has been adequate on that amplifier.

We have only been trying it out for the last week so I can't give a full report as yet....

A WARNING

I should point out the majority of head amplifiers use 12v sent up the lead , the moonraker power inserter/adaptor has a regulator to provide 5v for the aerial lead ---- don't mix the two systems. It will cause problems!

Edited by JohnB