ZINGA black bottom

robby

Featured Posts

Owen Wilf and myself successfully used my new boat trailer to take Sweetpea out of the river and fitted a new prop, while it was out the Zinga black bottom was inspected, and found to be in very good condition after 9 years showing no sign of wear and no marine life stuck to it, it did' not even need pressure washing, very pleased with it, and the new prop performed very well.

14462993_10154782521675827_2412766987859
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry
Comment

hi Tiggs thanks for responding well started this 9 years ago and cant believe how good it is it cost about £800 but most of that was wet blasting the hull and that took a whole day and they worked hard all day but within an hour we had to get the first coat on, the rep was very good and held my hand all the way. this is the finish they give fishing boats and if it is good enough for them it is good enough for me if you want to see pictures email me Robby.

Edited by robby

this was a job i did myself with the help of the ZINGA rep, boat out of the water wet blasted by a professional CO, coat of ZINGA on that night, another next morning, coat of ZINGA black in the evening,coat of black in the evening left it 2 days back in the water.

best thing i have ever done Sweetpea is now 17 years old with a very nice bottom and it could last another 9 years

Edited by robby

The only trouble with a Zinc coating is, that if it gets damaged in a small area you have a very large anode, the Zinc, and a small cathode, the hull. Local corrosion will be very rapid. I'm glad this has not happened on your boat. I guess the Zinc is quite thick and well bonded.

The only trouble with a Zinc coating is, that if it gets damaged in a small area you have a very large anode, the Zinc, and a small cathode, the hull. Local corrosion will be very rapid. I'm glad this has not happened on your boat. I guess the Zinc is quite thick and well bonded.

Yes, but the zinc is the sacrificial anode, and will tend to deposit on the steel rather than remove it. That's the whole point of anodes.