How to De-mould a Wardrobe?

Featured Posts

What's the OSB? If its the board behind the carpet, perhaps that needs to go aswell, and a new piece fitted. The carpet and wallpaper will be full of mould spores, and you need to get rid of them to solve the problem. Anything else will be merely masking things until it returns - IMHO.

the problem is the carpet is made of long nylon fibres and when you pull it off it snaps into little pieces so you can't remove it,i have the same boat as bsp and i removed one side of the bedroom wall carpet with a scrapper but it took days of hard slog.

edited to add - the wardrobe and the bed are fitted to the wall so would have to remove both to get at the carpet.

Edited by GoodGurl

I use a Lush Karma bubble bar as my in-wardrobe pot pourri, sat in a saucer on the bottom. Every so often I replace it with a new one and use the old one for its intended purpose.

Great idea. Karma is the only perfume I like in the whole universe :)

Hmm. The musty smell is back now the vinegar has evaporated. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Edited by BlueStringPudding

I had issues with a musty smell in our wardrobe and cured it by fitting a grill at the base of each door and a 90mm computer fan at the top on the side, with a grill over it.

I wired the fan to the bedroom light so whenever the light is on so is the fan. So you get a good exchange of air.

Phil

Edited by Phil Ambrose

The good news is my local Poundland sell the hanging dehumidifier sachets. The bad news is they come in a choice of two flavours: Toilet or Granny. I bought two Toilet flavoured ones while I wait for some unscented ones to come from eBay. :lol:

Also it turns out that bees are attracted to lavender scented Febreeze. I've given up swatting them away and now abandoned the front cabin as two have moved in to the one window (out of 13 they could have chosen) that doesn't open. :rolleyes:

Edited by BlueStringPudding