Terrazza Ristorante Italiano and other restaurants Rugeley

Richard T

Featured Posts

We had been hoping to stop for a meal at the Plum Pudding at Armitage but on the night we planned they are having an Abba themed evening - not being Abba fans we are now looking at alternatives in the same area.

Has anyone eaten at the Terrazzo Ristorante Italiano in Rugeley recently? If so was it OK? It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Or do you have any suggestions of alternatives in the area - it does need to be within walking distance of the canal and a railway station.

Thanks for your help

Richard

We had been hoping to stop for a meal at the Plum Pudding at Armitage but on the night we planned they are having an Abba themed evening - not being Abba fans we are now looking at alternatives in the same area.

Has anyone eaten at the Terrazzo Ristorante Italiano in Rugeley recently? If so was it OK? It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Or do you have any suggestions of alternatives in the area - it does need to be within walking distance of the canal and a railway station.

Thanks for your help

Richard

It is a good restaurant but the a la carte is expensive. They used to have some special set menus on certain nights. Walking distance to a canal and station is a bit limiting. Burton and Stone on the T&M? Paul

It is a good restaurant but the a la carte is expensive. They used to have some special set menus on certain nights. Walking distance to a canal and station is a bit limiting. Burton and Stone on the T&M? Paul

Or the Indian just up the road from Wolseley Bridge. We've eaten there, very good and very welcoming.

Or the Indian just up the road from Wolseley Bridge. We've eaten there, very good and very welcoming.

yes, we like that restaurant too. Not so keen on the Plum Pudding though as the last time we were in they took over 2 hours to serve 2 courses and they only had another 4 couples in the restaurant. It was somewhere we had always wanted to eat but the timing was never right till this year.

Haggis

Thanks, I think we'll see if we can get a table. Its the food festival at Stone so it will be chaos there and Burton is not really far enough west to fit our schedule of meeting friends at Stoke.

My wife is not an indian fan.

Thanks for your help everybody.

How about the Olde Peculiar pub in Handsacre? It's one hours cruise to the East of Rugeley and the food is decent. Not too surprisingly, you can get a decent pint of Theakstons Old Peculiar.

Good beer, home made food, nice atmosphere, and only a minutes walk from the canal. And if you have a dog they are allowed in the bar. We've found the Plum Pudding over priced and has small portions. The other pubs nearby are The Ash Tree which is a 'chain pub', with typically food that is rather bland, and The Crown which is right by the bridge but this has recently changed hands and I don't think they do food.

I have no knowledge about the pubs further into Rugeley I'm afraid.

Had an excellent meal in the Terrazzo on Thursday, we all chose the lobster ravioli. It really is very good - a serious restaurant, not a pizza place or a fast food chain. 3 course meal for 4 including drinks cost around £30/head, so not outrageously expensive, in my view very reasonable for the quality of food.

Stopped at Handsacre earlier in the year. The Crown was not doing food. The Olde Peculiar looked good and was very busy although the service seemed very good and they did explain there was a wait as soon as you arrived.

It usually is and I think that says something about it

Had an excellent meal in the Terrazzo on Thursday, we all chose the lobster ravioli. It really is very good - a serious restaurant, not a pizza place or a fast food chain. 3 course meal for 4 including drinks cost around £30/head, so not outrageously expensive, in my view very reasonable for the quality of food.

Many thanks for your review - we have now booked a table.

It must be the jewel of Rugeley. We'll have to give it a go. Not sure what Rugeley was like in its heyday but it really does feel like a place that has fallen on hard times.

Just caught up with the news that the power station has closed which was a major employer and accounted for 9% of the local rates. Rugeley used to have a very big coal mine which also closed some years ago. Was a prosperous place once.

Northern Powerhouse?

Just caught up with the news that the power station has closed which was a major employer and accounted for 9% of the local rates. Rugeley used to have a very big coal mine which also closed some years ago. Was a prosperous place once.

Northern Powerhouse?

Absolutely crazy. They spent multimillions on a flue gas desulpharisation plant, including a whole new stack, just a few years ago. Edited by BruceinSanity

Absolutely crazy. They spent multimillions on a flue gas desulpharisation plant, including a whole new stack, just a few years ago.

New NOx standards and UK carbon floor tax. No new boilers for coal stations allowed. Will all be OK when Hinkley Point is finished - what can possibly go wrong?

It must be the jewel of Rugeley. We'll have to give it a go. Not sure what Rugeley was like in its heyday but it really does feel like a place that has fallen on hard times.

A few years ago, Rugeley so poor even the pound shops and charity shops were closing, I can't imagine it's fortunes have changed except possibly got worse so it was a surprise to find a relatively expensive restaurant there.

Shame those royals weren't called the Duke and duchess of Rugeley -it's not as though Cambridge needed a boost.