Boat running costs!

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Starcoaster said:

"prostatitis" had auto-corrected itself to "prostitutes" in an article in which I had used the word about 40 times...

Oooh, a new word.

I learnt another new word last week when my dentist informed me that the tooth that's troubling me is ankylosed. Apparently ankylosis of adult teeth is very rare - aren't I lucky...

5 hours ago, cuthound said:

Yes, my bad. By the time I realised I had out the wrong "threw" in, it was too late to edit it. :angry:

What happened - were there problems after the article was sent?

Just now, Horace42 said:

What happened - were there problems after the article was sent?

It seems the edit facility is only available for a relatively short period after posting.

I used the wrong spelling, but by the time I had noticed it, the editing window had closed.

6 hours ago, cuthound said:

It seems the edit facility is only available for a relatively short period after posting.

I used the wrong spelling, but by the time I had noticed it, the editing window had closed.

That's odd... I can still edit my posts above some 22 hours after posting. 

Just did it to prove it to myself. 

17 hours ago, cuthound said:

No couldn't edit the post above after 17 hours.

Now instead of preparing for Mrs Hound's 60the birthday party tomorrow, I'll be checking how long I can edit a post for after publishing it :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 21:54, Jak said:

Best of luck.  I was relieved when the survey showed my cheapish 1980s hull to be solid.  Bear in mind as my surveyor said - if you are buying "subject to survey" there may well be room for negotiation if faults are found...  Let us know how it goes :)

Survey completed today, apart from it needing a blacking and a few areas of rust that need not immediate attention, all is good! The surveyor seemed to rate the boat quite highly. Well pleased. So that survey will go on to the finance company helping me pay for the boat and with a bit of luck I'll be moving onto it in a week or so! Very excited!

8 hours ago, welly said:

So that survey will go on to the finance company helping me pay for the boat...

I'm intruiged that the finance company care. If you don't mind me asking, is it 'just' a personal loan?

Here's a few snaps from the survey! Hull will need blacking soon and there's a few rust spots that need a look at but aside from that, the survey was very positive.

Will be cruising around London and planning to spend a bit of time up in Hertfordshire. I need to plan my route and figure out how to get back into work (central London)!

IMG_20170625_104617.jpg.c42fb9b20622fcd9ebdc5e56de1934b0.jpg

IMG_20170625_120139.jpg.6b9d00ff32795efd4aca2c0f6f8c4ee2.jpg

IMG_20170625_121547.jpg.2822bfd92ea107ecb96e85358ba8fb79.jpg

IMG_20170625_121317.jpg.7d907df0e4660b9c35c39f7bff64e81a.jpg

15 hours ago, WotEver said:

I'm intruiged that the finance company care. If you don't mind me asking, is it 'just' a personal loan?

It's a company called Pro Marine Finance. They seem like a good crew. Interest rates are pretty standard for a marine mortgage but they've been helpful and easy to deal with so am happy enough.

3 minutes ago, welly said:

It's a company called Pro Marine Finance. They seem like a good crew. Interest rates are pretty standard for a marine mortgage but they've been helpful and easy to deal with so am happy enough.

Thanks for letting us know :)