Off/end of season widebeam hire in the North.

tomsk

Featured Posts

As above. Looking at a widebeam hire either in the next couple of months or early next year, ten days/perhaps two weeks for family gathering. Eight berths required and a possible dog. I am doing my own research but would value any constructive advice. PM if preferred.

As above. Looking at a widebeam hire either in the next couple of months or early next year, ten days/perhaps two weeks for family gathering. Eight berths required and a possible dog..........

You may have hit on a problem for your proposed hire - I am not aware of any boat hire companies that provide 8 berths AND a dog.

(you may need to provide your own dog)

• Greenie 1

You can hire a widebeam on the Lancaster Canal. http://www.lancastercanalboathire.com/?Hire_Boats

If you can't find a possible dog, I have an impossible one you can borrow Grrrrr.........

Edited to say sorry, their widebeam doesn't accommodate 8.

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

As above. Looking at a widebeam hire either in the next couple of months or early next year, ten days/perhaps two weeks for family gathering. Eight berths required and a possible dog. I am doing my own research but would value any constructive advice. PM if preferred.

Silsden do boats that wold suit. They do several widebeams that will sleep up to 8.

Having hired from them I would describe their boats as 'functional' and 'basic' but adequate, certainly not luxurious.

Be aware though that some local boaters and other hold the 'Purple Perils' in great disdain and will often shout 'slow down', 'you are not in a race' etc etc - even if you are completely dawdling.

Scrub all of that. - Just had a quick look at their on line booking page and it appears they are about to shut for the winter at the end of this week and not open until next March - which doesn't suit the out of season requirement.

Edited by MJG

• 2 weeks later...

Silsden do boats that wold suit. They do several widebeams that will sleep up to 8.

Having hired from them I would describe their boats as 'functional' and 'basic' but adequate, certainly not luxurious.

Be aware though that some local boaters and other hold the 'Purple Perils' in great disdain and will often shout 'slow down', 'you are not in a race' etc etc - even if you are completely dawdling.

Scrub all of that. - Just had a quick look at their on line booking page and it appears they are about to shut for the winter at the end of this week and not open until next March - which doesn't suit the out of season requirement.

To the OP, give them a call, there are still boats going out today.. atrocious weather though.

Bazza

• 3 months later...

Apologies, I had forgotten this, real life took over (typical).

Obviously it will be this year now but still trying to get the clan and dog together.

Given all the suggestions a going over and will get back when a decision is made.

Cheers Hooray x