River Doubes

Biggles

Featured Posts

Just to let you know I am still around and cruising the French waterways in (according to some on this forum) my totally unsuitable WBNB. Over 800 hours and 3 seasons in I can assure even the hardest doubters that a WBNB is absolutely a capable boat. I have single handed nearly 2 months this year with no problems.

Just to let you know I am still around and cruising the French waterways in (according to some on this forum) my totally unsuitable WBNB. Over 800 hours and 3 seasons in I can assure even the hardest doubters that a WBNB is absolutely a capable boat. I have single handed nearly 2 months this year with no problems.

Hi Kevin, your WBNB isn't like the standard UK Widebeam, you've made lots of changes to make it a pretty good boat for what you're doing, there are good bollards on your boat at the right places, and an anchorwinch too, plus a powerful engine to cruise on the bigger rivers, even if there's some flow on them.

She is she is a nice-and very comfortable boat to explore the inland waterways with, and will surely give you many more years of pleasure. (if you can handle the jealous looks of the people visiting your boat).

Peter.

Hope your Airedales are ok. Our new one is a year old and boy is he a handful. Enjoy the Rhone Rhin Canal and watch out for the rocks, some of the channel markers are difficult to spot.

David

The youger one is with me in France and is 3½ now and is a long way from settling down. They are a handful which is what I like. The older one is stayed at home with my wife. He's 13½ and it's really showing now with his heart and now this week we think pancreas.