Racing bmc 1.8

Davespirit

Featured Posts

When a hydraulically governed DPA injector pump suffers a drop in internal pressure it is very common for the engine to rev up. The 1.8 normally has such an injector pump so as Phil says the first thing to check is fro a lack of fuel. Either a problem with the supply ranging from blockages, lift pump problems, tap turned off etc. to air leaking into the system.

Make sure the fuel tap(s) are fully turned on, check your filters & any water traps, try blowing back down the supply pipe into the tank as first steps. Best also make sure the stop lever on the pump is fully in the run position as well.

I'd vote for air in the system

Possible but I would also have expected uneven running.

I would be temped to crack open the banjo holding the leak-off pipe on the fuel filter and bleed any air that might have accumulated on what is the filter return / input side.

If there is no air there, then I don't believe it's an "air" problem.

Have just run for hour and 15mins after replacing fuel filter and alls good so far.thanks for everyones imput.

For goodness sake inspect whatever the fuel filter trapped. If it looks clean then it was probably a mis-fitted rubber seal. If there is a lot of cloudy fuel, water or gritty dirt then the bottom of the tank needs cleaning (at the very leasts) if you find slime and gel like stuff its bug so the fuel tank plus fuel needs urgent cleaning and a biocide used.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same sort of same problem a few years ago only different was the interval from this fault , with mine T90 it came sometimes after an hour , solved the problem with removing the banjo bolt from the fuel filter return line , in the banjo is a very small whole which was blocked with some dirt , clean it with some petrol and blew the dirt out with some air.

Problem was over and never came back .