Crown brand batteries from Bimble

MtB

Featured Posts

Hmmm yes I see. So maybe parallel them together for bulk charging then separate them for solar to finish off one half to 100% while I use the other half. Or something.

The other idea is to use a current pump to top up one half to 100% using a donkey battery (or the other half of the bank).

Either that or just abandon all attempts to get the bank anywhere close to 100% for the three winter months.

I would just take the hit to be honest, sounds like alot of faffing and I would just let the solar do it's job on all the batteries. If you can do a full 100% charge then by all means do so, if it's only once a month I would do a equalise charge if your charger supports it.

Edited by Robbo

• 5 months later...

Shield still make batteries in the UK

Used them for a long time as my supplier of choice.

Better than most 

ETA Shield were also main importers for Crown in the UK

J

Edited by Loddon

9 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

The title in the add says Gel yet the text refers to "Pro eye" that in the picture looks suspiciously the "hydrometer" eyes found on wet cells. The cost also suggests they are not gels.

I fear it  reads like yet another Ebay vendor trying to bamboozle the public.

Thanks Tony, I think I will give it a miss,let some other lucky e-bayer have them!