42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

A circulation pump will require decent batteries............ or shore power.

Not having a boat (hope to remedy that soon) and never having seen an 'ecofan' , I was wondering what sort of power they generate and whether or not you could energise a circulation pump with one ? If so I'm sure that some budding entrepreneur could talk to the Dragons and make millions also at the same time warm Max's boat for her .

Not having a boat (hope to remedy that soon) and never having seen an 'ecofan' , I was wondering what sort of power they generate and whether or not you could energise a circulation pump with one ? If so I'm sure that some budding entrepreneur could talk to the Dragons and make millions also at the same time warm Max's boat for her .

Short answer. I doubt it.

Toilet lid is wet

Bed slightly damp

Wet patch in kitchen

Rolled up newspaper Harry the S*****. And the flat end of a shovel for Robbo :( (shoves cat under pillow, gives it the KILL command)

I don't ask for much. Heat and dryness, that's all.

Some selfish people on here refusing to sit on top of my boat with a umbrella ( or sit on my bed with a bucket).

Stupid wet snow. Stupid duck poop. Stupid water that lands on my boat with mini scrapers then sneaks into my boat ( without a gift )

Not like Trillian needs to have her husband around 24 hours a day! All he's going to do this time of year is shed his hair all over the furniture.

PS

Time is 1:32 am

Not that anyone cares (and I can't sleep because of those blooming pictures Grrrr) come Burns Night, a lot of you people will feel the blunt end of a Haggis

Not like Trillian needs to have her husband around 24 hours a day! All he's going to do this time of year is shed his hair all over the furniture.

Hugggs, damp bed is the pits :(

Husbands hair started shedding many years before I met him (so he can't blame me) - I really wish we were closer and could help.

Got treacle coming down my chimney ( or some weird chimney spider sneezed).

Boats stopped leaking due to the weight of it holding down the plastic bags and my really posh curtains (Mr Enfield owes me a new curtain)

Dogs first snow. It was messy and very traumatic (for both of us) she's learnt that not all snow is edible. Cats first snow as well as they have previously been indoor girls, they are not impressed.

Boats hot ( can I moan it stupid hot on the boat yet) glad I did the shopping yesterday (stupid snow) I have three overflow pipes in the engine hole. Guess how many pipes missed emptying into the bucket I left in there ( I bet it was that Cuthound Grrrr. A pox on his petunias)

Off to as Pennine Boats to quote me happy

PS

Every one but Patty-Ann is off my free Rhubarb and Custard crumble list

Toilet lid is wet

Bed slightly damp

Wet patch in kitchen

Rolled up newspaper Harry the S*****. And the flat end of a shovel for Robbo sad.png (shoves cat under pillow, gives it the KILL command)

I don't ask for much. Heat and dryness, that's all.

Some selfish people on here refusing to sit on top of my boat with a umbrella ( or sit on my bed with a bucket).

Stupid wet snow. Stupid duck poop. Stupid water that lands on my boat with mini scrapers then sneaks into my boat ( without a gift )

PS

Time is 1:32 am

Not that anyone cares (and I can't sleep because of those blooming pictures Grrrr) come Burns Night, a lot of you people will feel the blunt end of a Haggis

Y'know what? I'm beginning to wonder if you bought the wrong bote, there seems to be nothing right about it!

Treacle down chimney is normal - you get less with smokeless fuel. Should have a double skinned chimbley, mine still needs an extra rolled up aluminiumumum tube wedged in it to make sure the treacle goes back into the fire rather down side of tub. It will also block up the bottom of the flue at the fire end if you've got a damper plate installed - I took mine out.

PS don't put the treacle on toast. Even Marmite's nicer.

Treacle down chimney is normal - you get less with smokeless fuel. Should have a double skinned chimbley, mine still needs an extra rolled up aluminiumumum tube wedged in it to make sure the treacle goes back into the fire rather down side of tub. It will also block up the bottom of the flue at the fire end if you've got a damper plate installed - I took mine out.

I'm tempted to ask how you know that...

Hi Arthur

I am pleased you posted this. What stove do you have and what difference to the stove did the removal of the damper plate make?

Thanks

Tim

We sorted ours out with a roll of aluminium wedged as you describe, found that Midland chandlers sell the very thing

I distinctly recall waking to find a group of hooded figures beside my bed, ordering me to buy this boat. So technically I never had a choice.

(Canal World illuminati strikes again....and they smell like vanilla)

Talked to chap at the boart place and he said just to bless the radiators with a key, so I'll do that when I get back from the laundrette.

Any recommendations about what to do with my mushrooms? Used bathroom sealant last time.

I thought I had a double skin chimney. I have a metal bit that was wedged in the hole then the chimney went on top. How do I remove the treacle and stop it coming back. Was using free wood but moved back to coal.

I have a weird stove that you have to get into weird positions and dislocate certain body parts to get a finger in to clean the darn thing :(

It may cost around £160 for a oil and filter change not sure of actual cost as the manager is on holiday. I think I have the correct filters, but no oil.

When does the 'Easy Boat Lifestyle' begin ?

Edited by MissMax

I distinctly recall waking to find a group of hooded figures beside my bed, ordering me to buy this boat. So technically I never had a choice.

Talked to chap at the boart place and he said just to bless the radiators with a key, so I'll do that when I get back from the laundrette.

Any recommendations about what to do with my mushrooms? Used bathroom sealant last time.

I thought I had a double skin chimney. I have a metal bit that was wedged in the hole then the chimney went on top. How do I remove the treacle and stop it coming back. Was using free wood but moved back to coal.

I have a weird stove that you have to get into weird positions and dislocate certain body parts to get a finger in to clean the darn thing sad.png

It may cost around £160 for a oil and free change not sure of actual cost as the manager is on holiday. I think I have the correct filters, but no oil.

Blessing the radiator may well help, although it is more traditional to bleed one.

I would eat the mushrooms, unless they are leaking, in which case you may need to reseal them.

The easy boating life begins when you have everything that is broke fixed, and it starts to get warmer in the spring.

Edited by rusty69

I presume you are asking as they didn't taste very nice ?

Try lightly frying with a couple of slices of back bacon, lay in a nicely buttered (no marg) large bread cob / barm / roll - HHHHHMMMmmmmmmm

One of the benefits of a damp boat - you don't need to go far for your mushrooms.

I have a weird stove that you have to get into weird positions and dislocate certain body parts to get a finger in to clean the darn thing sad.png

It may cost around £160 for a oil and filter change not sure of actual cost as the manager is on holiday. I think I have the correct filters, but no oil.

It shouldn't cost that much!