42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

Ok. I'm going back down. I'll reply in a bit smile.png

Eeeeek!

Why don't you just take a few photos to show what the things you are having problems with look like, as that will make answering your questions so much easier.

Good luck and happy cruising, and don't panic.

Peter.

I tried to find it but I ain't as bendy as Mr Nightwatch. Turned it off at the fuel cut off switch again :(

Waiting on the RCR to call back. I'll have to clear the shelves so nothing falls on the engine again.

I thought today was going to be the day that I get to stay clean :D

I blame the goverment and Danish Bacon Grrrr!

Hi Max, one thing that should be high on your list is doing a class about boat diesel engines maintenance and trouble shooting.

You'll be feeling less helpless and you will also be able to give the right names of the thingies you're talking about, which will make it understandable to people that don't know YOUR language.

Peter.

I tried to find it but I ain't as bendy as Mr Nightwatch. Turned it off at the fuel cut off switch again sad.png

Waiting on the RCR to call back. I'll have to clear the shelves so nothing falls on the engine again.

I thought today was going to be the day that I get to stay clean biggrin.png

I blame the goverment and Danish Bacon Grrrr!

As has been previously mentioned on here eau de diesel is a much admired fragrance and the natural oil splattered look is very 'in' right now.

I should know :D

• Greenie 1

Hi Max, one thing that should be high on your list is doing a class about boat diesel engines maintenance and trouble shooting.

You'll be feeling less helpless and you will also be able to give the right names of the thingies you're talking about, which will make it understandable to people that don't know YOUR language.

Peter.

You are absolutely right. Much easier than teaching everyone else what I mean :D

Got a call from mechanic advised to go back into town, but that would mean those swing bridges again :(

Said there is no rush come over when you can as he doesn't have the part, he will call back

You are absolutely right. Much easier than teaching everyone else what I mean biggrin.png

Got a call from mechanic advised to go back into town, but that would mean those swing bridges again sad.png

Said there is no rush come over when you can as he doesn't have the part, he will call back

Which part is this ?

Wouldn't it be possible to operate that thingy (whatever that may be) with a simple pair of pliers ?

Can't you take a few photos of the thingy, to get better suggestions of the steps to take ?

Peter.

Mechanic said he will call back.

Morrisons is close, but I have to wait to find out if I will get help today.

Can't upload pics as I don't know how to do it on a phone.

(Can't beleave no one knows what a thingy is!)

Captain dirty girl

Captain dirty girl

The thingy is connected to the left phalange.

Skipton. Near Nightwatch. I am not at the boat at present. I will walk along to see what I can do when I get back from Leeds soon.

Looks like I've got the short straw.

You are a kind man, I wish you success in sorting this thingy problem out for her, and maybe you can teach her a few words about some of the important names of thingies on- and around her engine, just in case she has some other questions later, when you are not her next door neighbour anymore.

Travelling together with her until the winter (or longer) would be even better for her peace of mind wink.png

Peter.

Although I love watching Mr Nightwatch getting inside my engine bits (he looks good in Lycra ) I couldn't and won't get him to have a look. He should be with his wife and making sure her every needs are met ( tea won't make itself )

Every time Nighwatch comes to my boat he brakes the flakey bits of rust! Loosing tens of penny's off its value ;)

Captain dirty girl

Hi Max, after sending a mail from your phone with the photos to your computer, you can pick them up there and upload them and then add them to a message on the forum.

Peter.