Navigating the Great Ouse tributaries

Theo

Featured Posts

A very informative thread.

After six years on the Lee & Stort, I am going for a change of scenery, and having my boat transported from Watford to be craned in at Upware, then on to its new home in Isleham. It is a 12' Widebeam, so am going to be limited as to where I can go on the system, but it looks like there are still enough places to get to for weekends and short breaks away. In a strange way I think I'm going to miss having to do a manual lock every mile or so.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on here, I feel a lot more informed about what is held in store for me.

A very informative thread.

After six years on the Lee & Stort, I am going for a change of scenery, and having my boat transported from Watford to be craned in at Upware, then on to its new home in Isleham. It is a 12' Widebeam, so am going to be limited as to where I can go on the system, but it looks like there are still enough places to get to for weekends and short breaks away. In a strange way I think I'm going to miss having to do a manual lock every mile or so.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on here, I feel a lot more informed about what is held in store for me.

So you will be living near Phil

You had better stock up on donuts. Look forward to meeting up at some stage! You won't be able to get all the way to Bedford, but most of the rest of the system should be OK I think....

Thanks for the kind Donut thoughts Simon, sadly the original Donut king (Paul NuLife) no longer visits nor has a boat anymore.

Phil

You had better stock up on donuts. Look forward to meeting up at some stage! You won't be able to get all the way to Bedford, but most of the rest of the system should be OK I think....

I hope there is a decent bakers, because my donut making skills are not what they once were.

Looking through some old posts on the Ouse, and see you know my ex next door (mooring) neighbour, Shaun (What's The Rush).

I hope there is a decent bakers, because my donut making skills are not what they once were.

Looking through some old posts on the Ouse, and see you know my ex next door (mooring) neighbour, Shaun (What's The Rush).

Indeed I do - originally from a very relaxing trip on the tideway a couple of years ago (photos here). I went along with my VHF radio and enjoyed saying things like "London VTS, What's the rush, Over"