Pulley

ditchy

Featured Posts

If that isn't the most helpful post I've ever seen, I don't remember what the better ones were! I don't have a BMC engine, but I might go and buy one just to ask questions about it now! Nice one, Richard, have a greenie. smile.png

Indeed.

I've just bought a spare pulley for my MG ( plan to fit a trigger wheel to it ). When it arrives I'll measure it and post the dimensions in case someone else needs a replacement.

But how are you going to test the frequency of torsional oscillation the rubber member is designed to damp?

I know that if its is not correct it can snap the crankshaft and the MG has a petrol engine not diesel so the frequency MIGHT be different. I would say part numbers or input from whoever designed them is the only way to really know if they will do the job.

I am not saying there is a difference or even if there is that difference would snap a crank but is it worth the risk? Richard has shown how the split boss can be overcome.

Edited by Tony Brooks

If its running at the same speed, with the same no of cylinders, the firing frequency will of cause be the same.

A petrol engine will also have a less harsh firing force, however, if its designed to have a damper removing it is obviously always a risk to an extent.

Daniel